Litters Due May 2011

Bilbo Baggins

if you want to see more my website has them all here

Unfortunately, we lost a girl over the weekend... so we now have 6 - 5 boys 1 girl... all doing well and putting on masses of weight!!

Gorgeous puppies ST, and lovely photos of them. Sorry to hear about the litte girl you lost :(

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Well our babies are here (14ht May). We had 8 babies 6 boys and 2 girls but sadly 2 boys didnt make it :cry: .

On a good note the other 6 and mummy Wasabi and doing great. Sabi had 6 puppies then the last 2 where hiding in her ribs so 3am C Sec was needed.

Who ever said dog breeding was fun :(

here is a photo from today

post-15158-0-27298100-1305461989_thumb.jpg

Where the dead ones the last two??.

No both puppies born by C sec were alive puppies. Still born were 3 and 5 puppies born so they would of been in same horn next to each other.

I had to do a caesar for a dead pup once, same up in the ribs. Vet felt her and said bulky uterus, but I knew she was not settling. Xray showed a pup.

I think we will have puppies within a day or 2. Her belly has started to drop, she will only be hand fed, can squeeze colostrum out, her behaviour is odd and the other dogs are reacting different to her and her temp was 37.1 an hour ago.

I think we will have puppies within a day or 2. Her belly has started to drop, she will only be hand fed, can squeeze colostrum out, her behaviour is odd and the other dogs are reacting different to her and her temp was 37.1 an hour ago.

good luck!

good luck!

That was a long night of not much sleep and no action. I do think later today though. She has been panting and restless since about 11 last night and when taken out to the toilet she tries to seek out hidey spots and dig holes.

Waiting sucks!!

We have had lots of nesting and panting and now she is calm and resting again. The last couple of trips outside she has not wanted to toilet an dhas gone and got in her crate immediately. She has decided her vari kennel is place to be.

The tally so far is 6 - 5 girls, 1 boy. Excellent as we are looking at a girl. Still a few more to go.

She is doing so well - intially wanted nothing to do with them but by pup number 3 was cleaning and feeding them. All feeding between births and very strong. The smallest girl is 298, the boy who was first out is the largest at 372. The others are 354 - 363 so very even in size.

Hopefully she picks the rate up from the current 1 an hour so we can get some sleep. At this rate she won't finish until 4am.

2am and we are now up to 8. The last boy was a whopper - 432g. So tally now is 5 b/w girls, 2 b/w boys and 1 red/white boy.

Edited by piper

Wow congratulations piper!!! makes me realise now how small mine were... my biggest boy was 370g! Granted, at 9 days he now weighs over a kilo so I am not too worried!!

That's very exciting I hope that she speeds up for you!! do you thik she has any left?

:birthday: Jazz Babies!!

We ended up with 1 more boy. No action for an hour, she had some food and had setled down and was sleeping so decided it was all over and remade the whelping box with the good bedding and went to bed. 30 mins later I woke to puppy squealing and jumped up to realise Jazz was next to me and so was the squealing puppy - she was in the process of relocating them to the bed!! So got up, got her resettled and went back to sleep, jast as I was dozing off again there was another commotion and I could hear her nesting, jumped out of bed again to realise she was pushing and within seconds there was pup number 9. He was slow to get going, took a lot of rubbing and he looked a bit rattley for awhile and then took ages to get to suck. All fine now - he seems to spend most of his time attached.

Vet check this morning went well, had a shot of oxytocin and now waiting on the last couple of pacentas to be delivered. The only comment the vet made was about her not having a lot of milk so I'm hoping we can get her milk production up as supplementing 9 pups won't be fun.

Some pics:

The last 2 boys who are very similar.

5738304077_66df79e66a_z.jpg

Red man

5738852782_67d0dc8cf4_z.jpg

1 of the girls

5738852904_91f2183e6a_z.jpg

Littlest 1 (girl) curled up in Jazz's tail:

5738303585_5e10329395_z.jpg

gorgeous Piper!!! congrats on 9!!! I hope that jazz can get her milk production up too :crossfingers:

I can't believe how different they are to the smashed in weimaraner faces I have. such long little noses!!

very cute :)

and love surprise no 9 ;)

We ended up with 1 more boy. No action for an hour, she had some food and had setled down and was sleeping so decided it was all over and remade the whelping box with the good bedding and went to bed. 30 mins later I woke to puppy squealing and jumped up to realise Jazz was next to me and so was the squealing puppy - she was in the process of relocating them to the bed!! So got up, got her resettled and went back to sleep, jast as I was dozing off again there was another commotion and I could hear her nesting, jumped out of bed again to realise she was pushing and within seconds there was pup number 9. He was slow to get going, took a lot of rubbing and he looked a bit rattley for awhile and then took ages to get to suck. All fine now - he seems to spend most of his time attached.

Vet check this morning went well, had a shot of oxytocin and now waiting on the last couple of pacentas to be delivered. The only comment the vet made was about her not having a lot of milk so I'm hoping we can get her milk production up as supplementing 9 pups won't be fun.

Some pics:

The last 2 boys who are very similar.

5738304077_66df79e66a_z.jpg

Red man

5738852782_67d0dc8cf4_z.jpg

1 of the girls

5738852904_91f2183e6a_z.jpg

Littlest 1 (girl) curled up in Jazz's tail:

5738303585_5e10329395_z.jpg

Fantastic, no doubt you are exusted now! Looking good, hope they continue to do well. My girl due Saturday week, but think she might come early, we too are expecting a good size litter.