Limping But Not Painful - Cruciate?

Kirty

Let me preface this by saying we are off to the vet tomorrow. :laugh:

Tonight I took the dogs to the park and with the first throw of the ball, Maisie started limping on her back leg. She stopped running momentarily, then picked up the ball and ran back to me. She didn't yelp or seem sore, she is just on three legs. I made her sit with me for a while and we left shortly after, and she is still happily running around on three legs. I have felt all up and down the leg and toes, I have bent and stretched it and she doesn't cry or pull away at all. I am wondering if she has done a cruciate? :laugh:

When I say 'not painful', I mean that she is bright and happy within herself and I can't locate a painful joint or location on her leg. If there was a break for example, I would expect her to be flat and of course there would be pain on manipulation.

This is exactley what happened with my pom, she jumped off a bed one night, no yelp or anything just on three legs. She was fine in herself, got her checked the next day and she had done her cruciate. When she had the surgery they found out it wasnt a full tear like they thought but a chronic partial tear that when she jumped off the bed had torn enough then for her to show the clinical signs.

Sorry to say my bet would be cruicate :laugh: good luck.

When my boy did his he came up to us just fine, put him in his crate and an hour later when i let him out he was on 3 legs. Never showed any signs of pain, except that leg wasnt going down. By the time he went in for surgery less than 2 weeks later he was load bearing on the leg but still limping, not hopping. He had torn his well and truly.

Yep. :o I'm not having much luck with dogs right now. My foster Dobe Rex is being PTS tomorrow because of his spine/legs, Phoebe is getting steadily worse with her legs and Champa is mysteriously losing weight. And now this. Remind me why I have pets? ;)

Yep. :o I'm not having much luck with dogs right now. My foster Dobe Rex is being PTS tomorrow because of his spine/legs, Phoebe is getting steadily worse with her legs and Champa is mysteriously losing weight. And now this. Remind me why I have pets? ;)

To boost the economy :rofl:

These things always seem to come in groups too. Sorry to hear about Rex.

Thanks pf. I am dreading tomorrow. Rex is the most beautiful dog but he is really starting to struggle. Its not fair. ;)

I'm never sure what's worse, a sound mind in a failing body or vice versa.

You're giving him the final gift any loving dog owner can - a release before he degenerates beyond any qualify of life.

My thoughts will be with you tomorrow. :o