My Dog Crash

crash

Hello eveybody ,

I wish to introduce myself . I am Susan and this is Crash . I found this forum when Crash developed a hotspot and my partner , who doesn't like or trust vets , wanted a natural treatment , rather than the standard injection , tablets , creams and shaving the area . We found a thread that suggested Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera , mixed and applied . We tried it and it appeared to give him immediate relief . Now , two days later , it seems to be healing .

As well as introducing myself I would like to say thankyou .

post-39437-1301455062_thumb.jpg

My partner doesn't trust vets because before Crash , we had a pair of German Shepherds . One of them died of Cancer at the age of six . He found a post on this forum , about the dangers of over vaccinating dogs . It prompted him to do a lot of research on the internet and he feels justified in being wary .

Welcome Crash. :hug:

My boy got his first hotspot in January and he was getting desexed the same day so they just shaved the paw and gave me cream which cleared up within a matter of days.

I can understand why people don't like vets as some of them are out to cash grab but I have found a wonderful vet that looks after our Cavalier and our Devon Rex cat wonderful and only has the interest of our boys at mind. They aren't going to do anything for free and that's something we need to remember.

Glad to hear the hotspot is clearing though.

We are closely monitoring his progress and if we feel he isn't improving then he will be taken to a vet . But if he continues to improve and completely heals then I will be letting you know that it is a treatment that does work .

Welcome Crash.

Pleased the hotspot is clearing up. Try to have an open mind about vets like every profession there are good and bad, I would suggest you look for a vet you like and trust while Crash is well then if you ever need urgent vet care you know who to.

Crash looks like a beautiful big boy.

Welcome Crash.

Pleased the hotspot is clearing up. Try to have an open mind about vets like every profession there are good and bad, I would suggest you look for a vet you like and trust while Crash is well then if you ever need urgent vet care you know who to.

Crash looks like a beautiful big boy.

Agree with this post.. Welcome Crash :happydance: Where abouts in Vic are you? Perhaps someone can recommend a good vet for you if you haven't already got one? Just in case :happydance: I have a list of 3 for ours!!

Guest english.ivy
My partner doesn't trust vets because before Crash , we had a pair of German Shepherds . One of them died of Cancer at the age of six . He found a post on this forum , about the dangers of over vaccinating dogs . It prompted him to do a lot of research on the internet and he feels justified in being wary .

I feel you and your partners pain, my Pointer was vacc yearly and she got covered in flea treatments etc etc and she was put down at the age of 6 from aggressive liver cancer. It took me years to get another dog after loosing her and to also trust vets and their advice.

But I do trust vets in a need of an emergency :happydance:

Crash is lovely!

Hi

I'm the partner who doesn't trust vets . I have my reasons . Please excuse me for hijacking this thread . My little girl died from cancer at the age of six and the male , "Mikki ", died at ten from degenerative myeolopathy . The vet gave us Rimadyl to ease his discomfort but neglected to tell us of the multi million dollar lawsuits that are pending in the usa from dog owners who's pets suffered liver cancers and malfunctions as a result of this drug .

When Crash had a mild dose of Conjunctivitus we took him to the vet after I spent some time on this forum looking for solutions . After learning all I could from you people I took Crash to the vet who prescribed eye drops , an injection and a two week course of tablets . I wont repeat what I told her she could do with her injection and pills , but the eye drops on their own did the job very quickly . Saving Crash from more cancer causing injections .

regards Crash's mum's partner

post-39437-1301480488_thumb.jpg

Edited by crash

Welcome to the forum, Crash is gorgeous :cry:

I have been going to my vets for over 30 years, he is the best and he is also into Natural Remedies as well, a good vet that you can build a relationship worth is a valuable resource, not everything can be cured by natural alternatives as what works for one may not work for another.

If you are over the Western side I can highly recommend him to you.

You will find lots of valueable information on this forum with many wonderful people who will always try to help and offer advice :D

Hi welcome, crash is a good looking boy, very similar coloring to our girl shepherd, we also had another Shepherd that died last year, she always had allergies and I'm sure it was caused by over vaccination, she also had tumors as well.

I used to use Dermaveen on her rashes, as well as curash,and that used to work just as well if not better than the antibiotics which when finished the rash would come back.

our Labrador had an itch between his toes the other day which he was chewing at and I just put some betadine drops on it and he seemed to be soothed straight away,and hasn't been chewing at it since.

We too are into natural cures as much as possible, did you see this link? http://www.herbal-treatments.net/ it was put on here the other day.

Good luck with crash and I hope he can overcome his itchy problem.

lablove

Came home from work tonight and Crash's back is still improving . The thread we originally saw said to mix one part Witch Hazel with four parts Aloe Vera . We tried this and it made a sticky mess . Now we are mixing it equal parts Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera . It goes on easier and doesn't cause his fur to stick in clumps . He sits patiently as we apply it because I think he understands that he is getting relief from this strange smelling stuff .

To those who live in the west and are able to recommend a good vet , please tell . We live in Seabrook , but we will travel to a good vet .

Crash is very handsome :)

I'm sorry you lost your doggies so young :thumbsup:

I prefer to titre test rather than vaccinate (after the puppy shots and 1yr booster).

Rimadyl isn't though to cause liver cancer (as far as I know), but when used inappropriately it can cause liver failure. If the dog already has liver cancer or any sort of liver problem, them it can certainly exacerbate the problem, and unfortunately it has killed dogs (as have other non-steroidals when used inappropriately). Checking the liver (and kidney) function before administering NSAIDs is ideal, and an absolute must in sick and elderly patients.

I hope you can regain your trust in vets, and I am glad to hear your lovely boys hotspots are getting better ;)

Calendula Tea can be used to wash/cleanse with, or to use as a pultice on Hot Spots as well. I've had an enormous amount of success with the use of Calendula Tea washes with my own dog's prior skin issues (it has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities). The tea also provides soothing relief to irritated skin.

Hello eveybody ,

I wish to introduce myself . I am Susan and this is Crash . I found this forum when Crash developed a hotspot and my partner , who doesn't like or trust vets , wanted a natural treatment , rather than the standard injection , tablets , creams and shaving the area . We found a thread that suggested Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera , mixed and applied . We tried it and it appeared to give him immediate relief . Now , two days later , it seems to be healing .

As well as introducing myself I would like to say thankyou .

post-39437-1301455062_thumb.jpg

Welcome Crash and Susan :cry:

Crash is a very handsome boy :laugh:

Curash powder is also supposed to be very good for treating hotspots.

My samoyed, Simba had hotspots when he was younger. Back then I took him to the vets and had him on tablets and neocort cream. Also shaved the area around the hotspot. Though this treatment was effective, I wish I'd known about all these other natural remedies back then.

I'm glad Crash's hotspot is healing. Great result :thumbsup:

I live in Victoria, too. Where in Victoria are you?

Came home from work tonight and Crash's back is still improving . The thread we originally saw said to mix one part Witch Hazel with four parts Aloe Vera . We tried this and it made a sticky mess . Now we are mixing it equal parts Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera . It goes on easier and doesn't cause his fur to stick in clumps . He sits patiently as we apply it because I think he understands that he is getting relief from this strange smelling stuff .

To those who live in the west and are able to recommend a good vet , please tell . We live in Seabrook , but we will travel to a good vet .

Where is Seabrook? I've never heard of it???

Thankyou to everyone for your advice and for the welcome you have given me . I am making note of all the remedies that are being suggested . At this stage it appears that the Witch Hazel mixed with Aloe Vera is working very well . It is so easy to apply and it isn't messy .

Seabrook is a small suburb tucked between Altona and Point Cook .