Dogs Really Do Know When Your Down..

kitkatswing

We are having a rough time at the moment, having to cancle an expo and liquidate our company....

My husband has been feeling very emotional and all over the place..

Our little 5 month old JRT Maui has not left his side. (I work full time) Hubby has told me that whenever he sits at his desk (home office) Maui sits on or near his feet, usually with one paw on his foot.

Maui is constantly making him laugh right at the moments hubs needs to laugh. He really has developed such a close bond with this puppy, it is the most adorable thing to watch.

I cant beleive at 5 months old Maui has so much intuition and just knows how to make his dad feel better..

We are so very lucky to have him.

Sorry to hear about the business. It is amazing how dogs know when you're upset. One of my dogs is much more tuned into these things than the other. It makes a tough time easier having your little buddy, doesn't it?

They sure do know :D

Izzy (my 14 week old Whippet) was playing a little too rough this morning and bit me a bit hard and drew blood. I stopped playing with her and told her off and walked away and ignored her for a few minutes.

She was very sheepish when I came back to her, and she gently licked my hand where she'd bitten me :p

I'm really sorry to hear you're having a rough time :D Life isn't far sometimes.

Your pup sounds like the most beautiful little soul. My Shepherd puppy is like that. He picks up on the slightest of my emotions and reacts accordingly. He's always the first to give me a big smooch to wipe away my tears. He's amazing like that. He knows me better then anyone on earth I think.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Dogs are wonderful animals. They can always sense when something is wrong. I've been really sick over the last 2 weeks and our 8 month old pup hasnt left my side. He follows me everywhere and he licks my hand when I'm really dizzy.

Your husband is lucky to have your pup. I hope things work out for you both :)

It really is amazing just how intuitive dogs can be and I'm so glad that you've both got a special little guy to help you through this tough time. Little Maui will be the perfect distraction for your hubby and it's great that he has something to focus on when life gets crappy.

:) Hope things start to look up for you both!!

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time.

Dogs definately know. I think we haven't even scratched the surface of what they are capable of with their senses.

I have been having a down time lately and my two know when I am down. If I am happy they will come bounding up to me but if I am upset they will gently walk to me and lay beside me.

I will never forget my little dog Minnie, a chihuahua we had when I was a teenager. She really knew. One day I was dumped by a guy and huddled up crying. She came up and nudged her way into my arms and just snuggled into me and licked my hand, then just curled up in my lap. She dies two days later on a new years day, by a dog attack and she died in my arms. :) I still miss her.

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time.

Dogs definately know. I think we haven't even scratched the surface of what they are capable of with their senses.

I have been having a down time lately and my two know when I am down. If I am happy they will come bounding up to me but if I am upset they will gently walk to me and lay beside me.

I will never forget my little dog Minnie, a chihuahua we had when I was a teenager. She really knew. One day I was dumped by a guy and huddled up crying. She came up and nudged her way into my arms and just snuggled into me and licked my hand, then just curled up in my lap. She dies two days later on a new years day, by a dog attack and she died in my arms. :( I still miss her.

First of all - Sorry kitkatswing to hear about your situation - im sure things will turn out good for you anyway - just stay strong! thankGod you have little Maui to keep you both going! Very nice to hear!!! :laugh:

Second of all - So sorry to hear lollipup that your baby passed away two days after you needed her so much - thats just one bad situation after another. I am sure she is happy and running around and keeping her eye on you up in doggy heaven!! :laugh:

I had a dog similar - his name was Rossco and he was 15yo when he passed... his brother Rashka is still alive and going strong at 16yo.

Whenever I was sad he would come up and just sit next to me. didnt need to do anything more.

the night before he was meant to be put down my dad asked me to come over to say goodbye - I was distraught as I had loved him since I was 5 years old - I went over there are laid with him for about an hour and then had to go home... about an hour after I left he passed away and ym dad said 'it was like he was waiting for you to say goodbye to him'.

:)

Thanks everyone.. ITs a trying time, but we have our health, each other and an amazing dog called Maui. So we are pretty lucky still.

Cute story from today, told to me by my husband about 10 minutes ago.

He told me he was on his walk this morning and he stopped, looked at Maui (who was off lead, in the park) and asked him if he could pick him up...

What did Maui do?? He stopped, sat and waited for hubs to pick him up He gave him lots of cuddles and then they continued on their way... !!

Just an amazing bond between them...

We are very very lucky to have him, it was fate that bought this puppy to us.

lillipop - I am so sorry abour your Minnie..

I'm in the process of (amicably) dismantling a 14 year relationship and Timmy has certainly stepped up to the plate. He is very much the guard dog lately, just keeping an eye on me, whereas before he could've given a toss what I was up to (aloof little bugger!).

He just seems to know when to appear and I must say it's stemmed the flow of tears. :(

Hugs to you and you hubby in this difficult time.

:( for you, your husband and maui

I have to say that my little Emmy is really good at picking up moods and feeling. When Charlie is having a bad day, she is incredibly gentle with him.

With me she just comes and sits on my lap and let me cuddle her. When I feel a bit better, she gets down and do something completely nutty to make me laugh...