Calling All Weimaraner And White Shepherd Owners! (in Sa)

jacqui835

We have decided that come these summer holidays (when I will have close to 2 months off work), we would like to add a second dog to our family. We currently have a doberman, and love him to bits. We love his coat, his looks and his temperament, but we don't want 2 of the same dogs - I will always have one doberman from now on I think but only one at a time because they're very special. My partner also wants a second dog more likely to play fetch with him (and dobes were never bred for any kind of hunting, so they're not great). So we have discussed at length what the second dog should be, and managed to narrow it down to 2 breeds; a Weimaraner or a White Shepherd. My partner is very keen for a Weimaraner, I would prefer a White Shepherd but these are our 2 compromise breeds in that we could both settle for either. So what we would really like is an opportunity to actually meet some representatives of both breeds.

Does anyone have a dog that they wouldn't mind us meeting, or know of like some sort of gathering of either weims or white shepherds we could go along to?

Not sure about the White Shepherds, but you could meet Wei's at some dog shows and their owners!! You could see a variety of ages and both sexes!!

Im not sure where in Aus you are, but there are usually Dog shows on every weekend in capital cities and perhaps bigger country towns & cities.

Check out your states dog association to find out where and when they are on.

Good luck with finding the pup you want! :)

Don't know if you've done this already, but also post in the Wei and the White Shepherd (or GSD) forum, you may have better luck.

ETA: and you will be communicating to those who already own them so they can answer all your questions (if you have any).

Edited by poochmad

Thanks guys, am going to try and find out when there is a show on in adelaide. I'm guessing there probably won't be one for white shepherds but fortunately someone has very generously offered to help me meet some of those :)