Mdba Pacers

Steve

Pacers is in high demand these days for our services but we need help with fundraising and donations to be able to do what is needed

to provide the help needed to ensure these clients and their animals have a happy ending.

The floods in two states and a huge increase in requests for help due to word getting around more of what we do and how we help

have placed an rapid and unprecedented need for what we do.

Even very small donations or help of any kind at this time would be greatly appreciated and with Mothers Day coming up perhaps

you could take a look in the Pacers on line store where all proceeds go to helping people in these situations. www.mdbapacers.org.au

Pacers has several cases which they need some special help with.

A couple of examples are

One is with a cat which we currently have in foster care which we are looking after for a very desperate lady.

We are not able to go into too much detail here due to privacy issues but the cat has become ill and has been diagnosed with a

heart problem - cardio myopathy. Now the meds have cut in the condition is being managed and the cat is not showing any signs of distress etc.

This has complicated our management plan for this client on several levels. We need funds to cover our expenses.

We have another client who has been diagnosed with cancer and who owns two dogs in the Townsville Area North Queensland.

She needs help to walk her dogs. Preferably we need someone who is able to volunteer some time to do this for her or we need help with

funds to pay for someone to provide this service to her to come in and walk the dogs for a few weeks while she is having treatment.

The next is a client who is currently in hospital.This client is being treated for cancer in Melbourne and her cats are being cared for by a neighbour in the ACT.

The neighbour is O.K. to look after the cats but needs a hand with some cat food. We need donations of cat food and someone who can deliver

it to the neighbour for us in or near the ACT.

We need anyone who knows of employment in the Sydney area to contact us to enable us to help a client who is seeking employment to be able

to have her 2 dogs back with her.

We need anyone anywhere who knows of the availability of any pet friendly accommodation to send us the details to enable us to help some

clients who are currently needing this to be able to be reunited with their animals which we have in foster care.

We need a cat foster carer in the Sydney area.

Sponsorships, Donations of cash, goods, services - anything which we can use sell or auction is desperately now needed if we are to cope with the demand.

We need anyone who knows of employment in the Sydney area to contact us to enable us to help a client who is seeking employment to be able

What kind of qualification does this person have?

Office work/ reception

Office work/ reception

I'll see what my company has going. I know the company is hiring at the moment, but we are mostly looking for editors.

New one - we have someone who has been going without food in order to feed the two small 12 year old dogs after being hit with a personal situation via an abusive relationship end and loss of income virtually over night. This is a high stress situation and we are limited in what we can do due to legal issues.

We need donations of dog food small dry puppy type food or soft food for a dog with few teeth in the Greenacre area of NSW if anyone can help out.

Any help with small dog beds and blankets for the dogs would be handy too.

I can do the cat food purchase and delivery in the ACT this weekend.

Can you please PM me with the type of cat food preferred and contact details for the delivery - probably best I get what the cat already likes.

Office work/ reception

I'll see what my company has going. I know the company is hiring at the moment, but we are mostly looking for editors.

Thank you.She is well educated and has been retrenched which knocked her for 6 .

I can do the cat food purchase and delivery in the ACT this weekend.

Can you please PM me with the type of cat food preferred and contact details for the delivery - probably best I get what the cat already likes.

Thank you - I will get back to you with details asap.

You're a hero!

Julie

New one - we have someone who has been going without food in order to feed the two small 12 year old dogs after being hit with a personal situation via an abusive relationship end and loss of income virtually over night. This is a high stress situation and we are limited in what we can do due to legal issues.

We need donations of dog food small dry puppy type food or soft food for a dog with few teeth in the Greenacre area of NSW if anyone can help out.

I have some My Dog tin food at home (a new deaf/disable neighbour is completely and totally in loves Charlie, saw that the dog food was on special and bought them a lot of them.. I didn't have the heart to tell her that my 2 don't eat tin dog food) that I can donate. I'll see if I have some spare coats and blankets to donate too.

Just sent me the details :D

Edited by CW EW

We have another client who has been diagnosed with cancer and who owns two dogs in the Townsville Area North Queensland.

She needs help to walk her dogs.

Consider finding a link with some local service in Townsville? For example, Townsville Hospital has an associated Pastoral Support Team, made up of volunteers from local churches. They visit patients in their homes, offering help & support. And might also have connections to youth groups.

She needs help to walk her dogs.

Consider finding a link with some local service in Townsville? For example, Townsville Hospital has an associated Pastoral Support Team, made up of volunteers from local churches. They visit patients in their homes, offering help & support. And might also have connections to youth groups.

Thanks Mita - This request came to us through a service like this and we are waiting on call back from another group too. This one is a dogz member too. :D

I have some My Dog tin food at home (a new deaf/disable neighbour is completely and totally in loves Charlie, saw that the dog food was on special and bought them a lot of them.. I didn't have the heart to tell her that my 2 don't eat tin dog food) that I can donate. I'll see if I have some spare coats and blankets to donate too.

Just sent me the details :D

Thank You will need you to call so I can record your details etc for insurance. 0269276707

Julie

The Townswille one and the Canberra one are now sorted - thanks to an angel in Townsville and Diva in the ACT

Yet another one today -Robina - Gold Coast this time and again we need someone who will help with exercise for a cattle dog - adult and a pup. Owner is currently seeing an oncologist to determine what treatment options are available to her and what her prognosis is after her cancer has returned after a 5 year remission. While she is undergoing tests and treatment she is having to leave the pup, and her other cattle dog, at home and neither is getting the exercise they need. She doesn't want to surrender either dog as she adores them both and they will be such a huge support to her while she is going through what is to come.

Is anyone available who might be able to help with exercising the dogs or taking them on outings, or even helping us with financial support so that we can pay someone to go and do this for her for a short time?

Edited by Steve

Would AWL Qld, located at the Gold Coast, have some ideas about the cattle dog & pup needing exercise? The AWL asks people to contact them before things get to the stage of surrendering dogs, so they can work thro' a solution that keeps owners & pets together.

O/T, but out of interest. I just read in the American Ladies Home Journal about an organisation in New Jersey, which helps pet owners in emergencies, economic crisis and disasters. They say they're flat out with requests for emergency care. The US Today Program did a segment on them.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/lifestyle/pet...pettalk31_N.htm

Yep thats sort of what we are doing with Pacers and the more the word gets out about us and what we are doing the more the demand grows every day.

We get calls for help every day including the middle of the night and week ends and its across the board with calls coming from all states. The incidence is higher during a time of natural disaster but its pretty steady with up to a dozen a day. Some of the stories break your heart and its pretty full on but we have really been able to make a difference to a lot of people and their pets and Im more sure than ever that this is a very much needed service. The people who have helped us by volunteeering their time and homes, services etc have been awesome and that side of it grows every day too. Makes me feel very priviledged to be helping to put the foundations together of something that will be standing and helping people long after Im gone.