So Excited

DLB

Too much 'bling' is a bit over the top but I don't mind one set of beads that match the dog's colour, anything more than that is a bit much for me, but each to their own. I personally love the leads that match suits though. :thumbsup:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that a show lead should blend as best as possible to the colour of your dog so it doesn't stand out - is that wrong or no longer applies?

I personally like the collar to blend well with the dog, I think a line on the dogs neck that is not broken by colour is better on the eye. But hey we all like different things so each to their own.

I have seen a lot of the bling leads and I would agree with Sway that some can and do detract from the dog.

Edited for clarity on my statement. :o

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

I think it should blend as much as possible.

There is nothing worse in MYO then a lead that has beads right near the dogs head, I notice this more with self stacking breeds.

You try and look at the dog and all you see is a bead bobbing up and down creating glare and a distraction.

I'm not a fan of bling type leads.

I so agree. I find baubles bobbing around near the dog's head distracting (surely it's the dog we want the judge to focus on) not to mention the nasty surprise smack in the eye from a swinging bauble that I saw one poor dog encounter as it moved. Some leads are pretty, but please keep the beads up the top and away from the dog's head.

I was informed I won a Glamour lead a few days ago in a Raffle.

Picked my colours and she sent it off yesterday, I can't wait to see it!

I was the other person who won! :cheer: Go Us!!

Yay!

What colours did you get?

I chose Purple, Green and Gold

i see there is now all in ones and martingales offered!! I need to pick some colours already and get ordering!!

those who have them... i have a golden baby who is VERY golden lol and i would like to order a lead for a welsh springer pup in my show training clas the lady is new and doesnt know what kind of lead to get or where to get them so i thought i might get her one made up hehehe so what colours would blend best into their colours??

ps i agree i like colour to blend!! i have a gold show lead with small beads on it and they are one set up on the handle and the other set just down from that so still pretty but miles away from the dog and i think thats ok but too much is way ott :)

i see there is now all in ones and martingales offered!! I need to pick some colours already and get ordering!!

those who have them... i have a golden baby who is VERY golden lol and i would like to order a lead for a welsh springer pup in my show training clas the lady is new and doesnt know what kind of lead to get or where to get them so i thought i might get her one made up hehehe so what colours would blend best into their colours??

ps i agree i like colour to blend!! i have a gold show lead with small beads on it and they are one set up on the handle and the other set just down from that so still pretty but miles away from the dog and i think thats ok but too much is way ott :)

I like the brown, gold and toffee or gold, toffee and ivory. I have pretty plain taste though :)

DLB - those are the ones i had my eyes on i also got a lead made up with 2 strands of gold to make it a bit darker and i quite like that one as well :):) lady is soo nice she makes up samples soo fast lol

:cheer:

Leads arrived and they are gorgeous.

The ivory, toffee and gold lead looks lovely and suits my girl so well! She just needs to grow some coat so she can get back into the ring and use it!

The dark green and gold lead looks great and I am sure will be appreciated by whoever wins it at the champ show coming up.

Edited by jr_inoz