Urgent Dog In Distress

Staffyluv

Update today - the old man is in hospital, we put him in this morning..

It looks like pancreatitis again - I don't know how?? I monitor what he eats... He eats human grade (heart smart, so low fat) meats and veg... He has a few supplements and he gets a dentstick to chew everyday because he won't eat anything raw anymore (they are low in fat, I just checked the packet)...

Unless one of the new neighbours are giving him something, I can't work it out...

Will update when I know more - fingers crossed again please :thumbsup:

oh bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe the holistic vets may havesome suggestions as well...

hugs to you both and love

helen

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Healing vibes and lots of love to Ollie. Hope you're holding up ok Jodie through this stressful time.

Pancreatitis is a weird illness. My Cav girl had an acute attack for no known reason. The vets did the usual iinvestigations, xrays etc., but couldn't figure out what was wrong. She didn't have the symptoms of vomiting and diarrhoea that usually come with pancreatitis. We sent bloods off to pathology and then we knew. They came back with a high lipase level. Now I give her Enzyplex every day and so far, so good.

I hope Ollie will be home and feeling much better in the morning. Don't forget to take care of you Jodie. I know how hard this is for you.

We have had success controlling pancreatitis in our boxer by adding enzyplex (adds enzymes to her stomach so it doesn't have to work hard to digest her meals) and protexin multi strain probiotic powder (keeps her gut balanced and healthy with good bacteria which makes it more capable of dealing with "issues") to all her meals, we also feed her herring and sweet potato kibble as somewhere during my research on pancreatitis I found sweet potato was beneficial to pancreatitis sufferers.

We have had success controlling pancreatitis in our boxer by adding enzyplex (adds enzymes to her stomach so it doesn't have to work hard to digest her meals) and protexin multi strain probiotic powder (keeps her gut balanced and healthy with good bacteria which makes it more capable of dealing with "issues") to all her meals, we also feed her herring and sweet potato kibble as somewhere during my research on pancreatitis I found sweet potato was beneficial to pancreatitis sufferers.

Thanks for that, was doing some more research last night and came up with similar..

I use zucchini and sweet potato in with his fresh meat (he has human grade, heart smart - the lowest fat meats I can find), along with low fat cottage cheese and a couple of eggs and some all bran (all that in with about 2kg of meat, make for a big meat 'cake' that lasts for ages...

Thanks for all the well wishes...