Water Proof Dog Coats

Guest Pandii

Guest Pandii

My boys need some coats for winter

Whats the best buy, the hardest wearing, most recommended coats

I use WeatherBeetas, have used that brand for a few years and love them, Atlas only gets his on if it is raining or almost snowing, Kaos usually sleeps in hers every night. I have a few that are waterproof, and then just a nice warm one for her for inside at night :thumbsup:

Edited by Teebs

The weatherbeeta are great, like Teebs my guys have the a couple, the fully waterproof ones and then the soft fleecy ones, and the burghleys. They have a few varieties, Mine have worn thiers in the pouring rain and they water has seeped in around the sewing lines but not enough to worry about.

Have a look at the variety here.......> http://www.weatherbeeta.com.au/range/dog-rugs.html

Prime pet foods in town here has the cheapest prices of anywhere I have seen ever. Usually at the end of the season she marks them down heaps.

Edited by tlc

Depends on the size of the dog.

I bought a little weatherbeata for my Crested and it was too stiff, even after washing and massaging the fabric, when he sat down the whole back of the coat stuck out behind him.

For larger breeds though they fit really nicely and are good quality.

Guest Pandii

Will check out Prime for some

Dogs are meduim sized so should fit ok, I hope

Wonder if the boys will like pink Hhmmmmm

I have been using weatherbeeta Landa range for my outside dogs and have found them to be perfect (normally hard to find a coat for a Basset Hound) and they last for years. Price is normally around $45, they clean easily just with a wipe down and I only wash them before putting back in the cupboard over summer.

Leanne

I haven't had to buy any recently, they do range in price and it depends on which one you go for. The fully waterproof ones are more expensive by memory around the $50 mark for medium size. I think at one stage Prime had all sizes one price. She doesn't have the whole range but does stock a reasonable amount.

How long body wise are your guys, I consider Cooper medium sized and he is 53cm from neck to tail. the Weatherbeeta coats go in sizes by 5cms so a 50cm fits Cooper, The girls are usually a 45cm and Bron can get away with 45 or 50cm, that might give you a bit of an idea, I would think Seb would be about a 55cm. The lady at prime doesn't like dogs in the shop but she may let you take them in to measure them, but if you have thier neck to tail measurment you should be right. She will let you take them back if they aren't the right size.

I love the Driza-bone coats too, Cooper has one, however not really practical for outside rainy weather, ok if it is light rain but they get ruined if they get too wet, but by geez they look smart! :thumbsup: They come with either flannelette or fleecy inside. Horseland sell them here and they are around $70

Guest Pandii

Thanks, Yep Sebbi needs a 55cm and Dusty would not be far behind the rate he is growing