Heartworm

Another heartworm topic, sorry!

I currently give my girls the Heartgard chews - Akira loves them, Halo got her first one this morning and took twenty minutes to eat the damn thing because she didn't like it and kept spitting it out. I even tried putting it in mince and she ate around it. I think it will be much easier to just get her to swallow a tablet because the chew is much too big to chuck down her throat. Can anyone recommend a heartwormer that comes in a tablet form?

Also does anyone know where I might be able to get Drontal Allwormers in tablet form? We've been getting them from the vet as singles when she was smaller than the weight range I had at home, but I reckon I'm going to have the exact same problem with chewable allwormers as I do with the heartworm!

Thanks guys. Bought the Valuheart as the Vet Shed website said it was the generic equivalent of Heartgard (and it's cheaper than Proheart) plus got some Drontal tablets. :thumbsup:

That's what I get for Pele. Heaps cheaper than Heartguard and is the same ingredient (Ivermectin and dosage) :rofl: