Hand Held Shower/hose

Hi guys. I have just converted the garage attattched to the house into dog runs and grooming areas.

The booster bath is now set up down there next to the laundry sink which has a normal bath type tap/spout. I would like to be able to attach a flexible shower head hose for washing the havanese :hug:

Is there a do it yourself variation available that is better than the rubber fit over style??

Thanks guys

Bec

christina yeah thats the kind of shower head thingo I mean. But poodlefans idea of keep the tap sounds good do you have any pics PF??

I didnt realise you could just "screw" then new one on :rofl: even I could manage that :thumbsup:

christina yeah thats the kind of shower head thingo I mean. But poodlefans idea of keep the tap sounds good do you have any pics PF??

I didnt realise you could just "screw" then new one on :) even I could manage that :clap:

Yep, a bit of plumbers tape on the new tap and screw it on where the other one came off.

Here's something similar to what I have. I just don't have a wall mount for the hand shower attachment.

stock-photo-detail-shot-of-a-chrome-water-mixer-tap-with-shower-attachment-43808686.jpg

Is your tap bit like a bathroom tap or more like a kitchen tap? If it is more like a kitchen tap see if you can unscrew the very tip of it. If you can then you can just buy a cheap bit (under $10) that you screw on that you can attach a hose to.

Thankyou :) did you go to a specialty store PF?? ie plumbing supplies bathroom?Its in the dog palace - laundry so I need practical and cheapish LOL

Yep, I went to a discount plumbing supplies place. I spent a bit more to get a metal, rather than a plastic handshower. Howie doesn't like it on "massage" mode though. :clap:

Just explain what you want to do and I'm sure they'll show you what's needed. A hand shower sure makes rinsing the bath easy!

I had a two way tap on the laundry tap at my last place. This place I upgraded to a veggie spray tap in the laundry when I renovated.

Edited by poodlefan

I have one of these,

http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/pet-jet-wa...mpoo-reservoir/

it is awesome, it screws on the existing tap, it holds shampoo and pressurizes the water and also has a few different settings for how the water comes out. I paid $90 for mine about 5 years ago when they first came out. It gets lots of use. I just got myself another one incase my original gives up on me. I wouldn't be without it!

thank you guys so much for your tips. I had come across that one TLC but I had no need for the shampoo thingo because I am a bit fussy each dog has a slightly different routine and or product :thumbsup:

A trip to bunnings and 10 mins and I now have a shower head on a 1.5 m hose with a hook thing so its sits as the tap. $48.00 inc a roll of the tape seal :dancingelephant:

:thumbsup: guys!!!