New Rules On Linebreeding

Chitchat

Hello members,

could someone point me in the direction of the new or pending rules on linebreeding? I thought I seen it somewhere but for the life of me I can't find it again lol

Any help would be lovely & thank-you

Chitchat

Oh thanks Sandra777,

so you would still be able to do a mating that was say dog A was the father of the sire & was also the grandfather of the dam?

Yes - only 1st degree inbreeding is not allowed - father-daughter, brother-sister, mother-son. The mating you describe is linebreeding and not incredibly close at that IF the dog in question (the common ancestor) is an outcross to everything else in the pedigree.

Oh thanks Sandra777,

so you would still be able to do a mating that was say dog A was the father of the sire & was also the grandfather of the dam?

Yes - only 1st degree inbreeding is not allowed - father-daughter, brother-sister, mother-son. The mating you describe is linebreeding and not incredibly close at that IF the dog in question (the common ancestor) is an outcross to everything else in the pedigree.

Does this also mean 1/2 brother/sister matings?

Father-daughter, brother-sister and mother-son not allowed without permission. No rules on line breeding, only in breeding ;)

You you may do what you wish to, you may not do the above. As far as breeders are aware they are the only restrictions.

Oh thanks Sandra777,

Does this also mean 1/2 brother/sister matings?

No, that is still OK (as you seem to be adopting the UK rules on this.

1/2 siblings, auntie/uncle to neice/nephew OR grandfather/g.mother to grandchild are all still OK to do nd register