Dog Floats

ljonk5

Hi guys.

Just wondering if anybody can tell me please who makes dog floats the ones that look like mini horse floats and for those who already have them have they had any problems with them.

I look forward to hearing form you all. you can PM me if you like.

Hi guys.

Just wondering if anybody can tell me please who makes dog floats the ones that look like mini horse floats and for those who already have them have they had any problems with them.

The one that I know of and that is still in operation is Davcar and they are located in QLD.

Davcar

There are FX trailers but I am not sure if they are still in business, I do know a lot of people had problems with them.

Edited by gsdzrul

I am sure any horse float manufactures would be happy to make a trailer up to suit dogs. I had a trailer made up when I was mobile grooming - it was an Alpaca float but longer and taller - smaller and lighter weight than a horse float, would have suited ponies up to 13hh. Was a great trailer, I would love to get one made up for the dogs - well worth getting quotes. Mine was fantastic to tow, so much better than the little dog trailer that I have now - much prefer a tandem.

Hi guys.

Sorry guys I forgot to say that I am looking for a six berth.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a six berth Davcar and I love it :)

Great people to deal with and excellent finish and workmanship.

I was one of the many who have had issues with FX. However I believe that if you can pick up one of the older makes from FX they are still pretty good. From those that I know who were lucky enough to actually get their trailer from FX over the past 2-3yrs there has been endless probs and the finish wasn't real great.

I was at a show on the weekend and saw a trailer the same style from a different company - Rowville Horse Floats, it appeared to be a really nice trailer also.

I have a six berth Davcar and I love it :)

Great people to deal with and excellent finish and workmanship.

I was one of the many who have had issues with FX. However I believe that if you can pick up one of the older makes from FX they are still pretty good. From those that I know who were lucky enough to actually get their trailer from FX over the past 2-3yrs there has been endless probs and the finish wasn't real great.

I was at a show on the weekend and saw a trailer the same style from a different company - Rowville Horse Floats, it appeared to be a really nice trailer also.

Yes I did see the Davcar and Rowville's there and went home with a fantasic idea of what I really want for my xmas present this year. I am going to have a chat with Doug next week and to get thing started. Thanks for yours advice everybody.

• 2 weeks later...