Black Gsd Breeders

paws123

I recommend.. http://www.macklinshepherds.com/

They have nice straight-backed GSDs and by the looks of it, a majority of their dogs are black too. :)

Quite likely that they are wonderful breeders but I have to ask have you dealt with them personally, have one of their dogs or know someone that does ? I'm not sure you can recommend breeders to others, if you haven't

A friend of mine has a couple of Macklin bitches, lovely temperaments but I'm not a huge fan of the conformation personally. I would recommend looking closely at temperament and health first, particularly in the GSD. Once you find lines with consistently suitable temperaments for your family you might change your mind about colour (once you fall in love, colour becomes less important to you than when you started looking). Black is not uncommon, so you might even get exactly what you are looking for.

I am not sure what lines the Macklin dogs are or what they aspire to be following? There's an odd working line dog in some of the pedigrees unless they derive primarily from English lines perhaps?

Most black dogs are working line and high energy dogs and would suggest determining what type of GSD you prefer prior to selecting colours.

I recommend.. http://www.macklinshepherds.com/

They have nice straight-backed GSDs and by the looks of it, a majority of their dogs are black too. :)

Quite likely that they are wonderful breeders but I have to ask have you dealt with them personally, have one of their dogs or know someone that does ? I'm not sure you can recommend breeders to others, if you haven't

Wolfgirl has a macklin dog and he is a dream. Check teh straight back gsd thread for pics of him. ;)

Hi im looking at getting a black GSD to add to our fur family and was wondering if anyone can recommend a good black GSD breeder?

Hi There!!

I have two black shepherds and I would like to give you some suggestions. Please PM me :)

Cairo1

Anyone who buys a working GSD better be sure that they're up for all of the training, exercise and management that entails.

Can they make good pets? Yep. But a significant number also find their way to the police and military as young dogs when people find they've bitten off more than they can chew.

Anyone who buys a working GSD better be sure that they're up for all of the training, exercise and management that entails.

Can they make good pets? Yep. But a significant number also find their way to the police and military as young dogs when people find they've bitten off more than they can chew.

x2

Can they make good pets? Yep.

They make great pets if you are devoted, experienced, fit and aware of your surroundings when you take them out with you, which if they have their way will be frequently; rain, hail or shine :laugh:

I met one of Cairo1's recent dogs and knew one of her old GSDs quite well, worth PMing her.