Lump Post Vaccination

I noticed this morning that there is a large lump (2/3 of a golf ball) approximately where Mindy had her vaccination last week. Happened on her 3rd puppy shot as well, but not on last years booster shot.

Anyone else seen this, is it common?

Highly likely it is a result of the vacc - have had it on ome of mine years ago, when he was jabbed in a slightly different place - friend had one on her Viszla in the last couple of weeks. By all means, check with the vet if you're worried (I did ;) ) but it should go down gradually over a week or two, then disappear.

It is an immune reaction to the vaccine, very common. It can take up to 4 weeks to disappear in some cases we have noted - if you are concerned though please call your vet.

^^This.

Mine had it with his 12 week C5 and again, though more severe, with the 16 week C5. Each time they took well over a month to go down.

12 month booster he was given an anti-hystamine 30 minutes prior followed by a C3 only. No reaction to this one.

As a result I will not be vaccinating yearly, nor will I use anything above a C3.

Do a search on vaccinations, this has been discussed a few times and you should be able find a fair amount of info :)