Camping With Dogs

Hi all, just wanted to let my fellow NSW dogs owners know about the NSW K9 Camping Group. It's a great chance to get away for weekends with your dogs and other like minded people. Check it out at NSW K9 Camping Group it is a free group with the aim of providing a fun and friendly atmosphere where you can enjoy quality time with your best friend.

post-40644-0-40547500-1308717476_thumb.png

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Dandybrush, my husband and I run the group. The camping trips are south of Sydney at the moment. We will be looking to expand to different areas in time. If you are interested feel free to jump onto the website and pop us through an email. We can keep your details on hand and let you know if/when we start up your way :)

Beck

Thanks Luke & Beck I got your email.

I was going to write back but as you are on here, I am still interested, like I said I don't mind driving :) I will fill out the member form and get it back to you.

Dandy if you are interested I have loads of camping gear (did Easter last year on Fraser Island so totally self sufficient)and my tent is big enough for 4 people + dogs.

oooh keira im not fussed on travelling either!! cept i have no one to travel with lol so i dont like to do distances alone :banghead: is your tent big enough for my doggies crates too? would you really let me use your stuff? thats really generous :thumbsup:

WOW! It's great to see all of you guys rally together. This was the whole point of the club, making great friends and having awesome weekends away where it doesn't matter if you have more or less than another person :eek: and where dogs really are welcome!! You have to love dog people. Even though we are on a break at the moment with the cold weather we have had a few people who are keen to get out so we are considering running a trip over the next few weeks. Be sure to let us know if your interested!!

Oh... the last 4 camping trips I've been on has been freezing and rained. Only Emmy, my JS, had the best time. Running around in the rain, getting dirty and muddy is one of her favourite thing to do!! :laugh:

i would need to know dates before i could confirm if i was going to come...im not sure if OH will let me go alone though :shrug: but i have a couple of friends i could maybe get to come...

Edited by dandybrush

i would need to know dates before i could confirm if i was going to come...im not sure if OH will let me go alone though :shrug: but i have a couple of friends i could maybe get to come...

My hubby is the same Dandybrush! ;) We will know in the next few days if we are going to run it. I'll let you all know asap!

Oh... the last 4 camping trips I've been on has been freezing and rained. Only Emmy, my JS, had the best time. Running around in the rain, getting dirty and muddy is one of her favourite thing to do!! :laugh:

:laugh: It usually is!! More often than not it's the long haired dogs that really love the mud! Luckily we have "wash and wear" dogs!! :thumbsup:

oooh keira im not fussed on travelling either!! cept i have no one to travel with lol so i dont like to do distances alone :banghead: is your tent big enough for my doggies crates too? would you really let me use your stuff? thats really generous :thumbsup:

Well we would share :laugh: . It has a middle room (entry way type thing) and two outer rooms. Yep heaps of room for doggie crates.

We could always make the trip together, I don't mind traveling alone but it is always nice to have someone with you.

This is the tent I have http://www.anaconda.com.au/Product/Camp-and-Hike/Shelter/Tanami6FamilyTent

As you can see it has two sleeping areas on the end and the middle room which would easily fit 3 or 4 dog crates. With room to move.

WOW! It's great to see all of you guys rally together. This was the whole point of the club, making great friends and having awesome weekends away where it doesn't matter if you have more or less than another person :eek: and where dogs really are welcome!! You have to love dog people. Even though we are on a break at the moment with the cold weather we have had a few people who are keen to get out so we are considering running a trip over the next few weeks. Be sure to let us know if your interested!!

That would be fantastic. I am very keen. I haven't had a chance to take the dogs camping yet (well 1 dog the other can't really come)

I am the same. Give us a heads up on dates and I will make sure I am not busy and don't commit to anything else.

If not Dandy you can just come with me, we could probably just use my car too, it is big enough for the dogs, camping gear and us.

This is great because I love camping and I want to do it with my dogs but haven't really got anyone to do it with!

Edited by Keira&Phoenix