Military Dog :-d

Boronia

Enjoy this pic, too. A military dog's first career step. Just born & looking good, at the Military Dog Supply Flight at RAAF base, Amberley Qld. They breed German Shepherds & Malinois.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/angells60640/3964899890/

This pup will spend 12 weeks with mother & littermates having a great time on base. Then out into the foster carer program in the community.

The RAAF is constantly looking for suitable foster carers, who can be families with children (not under 4 yrs, tho'), couples or singles. In Brisbane area, west as far as Warwick, north to Sunshine Coast, south to Gold Coast. All food, items, vet care supplied.

Foster carers give the pups a regular social 'dog's' life, out in the community & at home. Just the same time commitment as for any pet dog. The pups wear a cute coat, in military colour, labelled 'Air Force'. Around 7 months, they return to the base to start their military training.

Enquiries to [email protected]

Enjoy this pic, too. A military dog's first career step. Just born & looking good, at the Military Dog Supply Flight at RAAF base, Amberley Qld. They breed German Shepherds & Malinois.

The Delta 3 littler -Proud Military Working Dog, Afra, with her litter

This pup will spend 12 weeks with mother & littermates having a great time on base. Then out into the foster carer program in the community.

The RAAF is constantly looking for suitable foster carers, who can be families with children (not under 4 yrs, tho'), couples or singles. In Brisbane area, west as far as Warwick, north to Sunshine Coast, south to Gold Coast. All food, items, vet care supplied.

Foster carers give the pups a regular social 'dog's' life, out in the community & at home. Just the same time commitment as for any pet dog. The pups wear a cute coat, in military colour, labelled 'Air Force'. Around 7 months, they return to the base to start their military training.

Enquiries to [email protected]

Do you know how they feel about carers owning other dogs?

Edited by gsdog2

Do you know what their feeling is about carers owning other dogs?

I've got the printed sheet of the program's Frequently Asked Questions. (I was at an event where the RAAF people handed it out.) Covers that:

I already own other pets...is this a problem?

We do place our pups with families that already have a dog, cats & other animals. This can be a beneficial experience for the pup. Our Foster Care Program Coordinators will help you introduce your pup to its new animal family & avoid any problems.

The number of dogs you are allowed to have, however, will depend on your local council regulations. Most councils that we deal with only allow two dogs per residence. Certainly the pup should enjoy outings with your other dog. However, the pup must have plenty of time exploring the world away from its canine companion.

By the way, we live in the Brisbane Council area & have a permit to own 3-4 dogs.

I've got the printed sheet of the program's Frequently Asked Questions. (I was at an event where the RAAF people handed it out.) Covers that:

I already own other pets...is this a problem?

We do place our pups with families that already have a dog, cats & other animals. This can be a beneficial experience for the pup. Our Foster Care Program Coordinators will help you introduce your pup to its new animal family & avoid any problems.

The number of dogs you are allowed to have, however, will depend on your local council regulations. Most councils that we deal with only allow two dogs per residence. Certainly the pup should enjoy outings with your other dog. However, the pup must have plenty of time exploring the world away from its canine companion.

By the way, we live in the Brisbane Council area & have a permit to own 3-4 dogs.

Oh I'm sooooooo tempted!!! I have two dogs (just lost my male GSD earlier this year) and yes, I'm allowed to have 4 dogs as I'm on over an acre.

I think I might make a phone call tomorrow ;)

Edited by gsdog2

Great Photo, so so cute,

the photo below is one of my favourite photos, all three in the photo were killed in afghanistan last year and the reason we have this photo is because a reporter from Four Corners was with their section at the time. I love how the two guys are just laughing and the dog Herbie seems to be the only one being serious and paying attention.

250557_2112231367362_1292986241_32583805_1764313_n.jpg

Great Photo, so so cute,

the photo below is one of my favourite photos, all three in the photo were killed in afghanistan last year and the reason we have this photo is because a reporter from Four Corners was with their section at the time. I love how the two guys are just laughing and the dog Herbie seems to be the only one being serious and paying attention.

250557_2112231367362_1292986241_32583805_1764313_n.jpg

Such a lovely pic - but so, so sad :cry:

do they do this in NSW????

I think NSW have a similar program to this, but for customs dogs. Not quite the same, but.. fancy a lab for a while? :thumbsup:

Edited by Alkhe

do they do this in NSW????

I don't know. Maybe the officer in charge of the Amberley Qld dog unit could tell you.

Yes the RAAF at Richmond do this as well. It's not all the time though just when it is needed