Has Anyone's Dog Ever Eaten Ratsak?

Poor little guy - I do hope you got treatment for him soon enough for it to work well.What a worry :( I guess the vet told you to keep him very quiet , to avoid risk of bruising/injury ..also to avoid bones or things which may cause internal scratching /bleeding.

Maybe buy your FIL a dozen of those little grey plastic snap traps for the mouse problem ... and remove any other poisons for kid and dog safety...

I hope your puppy has no ill effects from this - I haven't ever had it happen , but worked at a vets where we saw this sort of thing quite a few times .

In time means before you have a dog that is showing symptoms and ideally as soon as possible.

If he was not showing any symptoms then he should be fine with correct treatment. If he shows any signs of abnormal lethergy, very pale gums, any bleeding then get him back to the vets as soon as possible.

Oh and keep him quite, no rough and tumble games etc.

If you are really worried have a chat to your vet.

In time means before you have a dog that is showing symptoms and ideally as soon as possible.

If he was not showing any symptoms then he should be fine with correct treatment. If he shows any signs of abnormal lethergy, very pale gums, any bleeding then get him back to the vets as soon as possible.

Oh and keep him quite, no rough and tumble games etc.

If you are really worried have a chat to your vet.

thanks Guys,

I rang the vet again this morning but then also did some more research on the net and they all talk about "getting it on time". He certainly has no symptons (yet) and he started his Vit K tablets last night. He seems completely normal. Would they show signs if he had been nibbling on it for a week?

Its so stressful. My poor father in law feels extremely guilty and told my wife that he didn't want to come to the footy with me on the weekeend. All baits (two of them) have now been removed. They had been there for two months and forgotten about by my FIL and wife.

I would be keeping them crated for as much as possible to minimise bruising. Although it will be hard with a 10 week old puppy. I really feel for you both, its a nightmare and I am against all chemicals in my house, only natural products.

Farles - How is your little one going? How long has it been now?

Edited by Lindainfa

I would be keeping them crated for as much as possible to minimise bruising. Although it will be hard with a 10 week old puppy. I really feel for you both, its a nightmare and I am against all chemicals in my house, only natural products.

Farles - How is your little one going? How long has it been now?

It now been 6 days. So far, no blood in his stools or urine. He has been his happy little self. Vet rang after 3 days and said that if he was showing now symptom by now then he could be ok.

Fingers crossed.