Back On Track Dog Coats

:rofl: maybe LP should have written anybody other than Ness :laugh:. We have already exchanged a number of emails RS.

Then I'd be insulted that she is asking for other people's opinions because yours obviously doesn't count :rofl:

Kidding ;)

Have used mesh coat on one of my kelpies and human products on myself following surgery and am a big fan. In fact I also told Ness how much I liked them when she was first deciding so maybe my opinion isn't worth it either ? :rofl::rofl:

I bought mine ,and will continue to, (but I know I disagree with Ness on this one -LOL) from New Zealand - Australian distributor is rude as hell and unreliable with their product supply.

If you want to have a look at mine before you decide I might be at a trial sometime, that is if Victoria ever schedules any more agility trials and doesn't keep cancelling them all. Will hopefully be at Moorrabbin if that helps.

:rofl: Well, I got one because of ness, so not sure what that makes my opinion worth :laugh: . But FWIW, I think the mesh coat I got for 9 and a half year old BC Kirra (you might remember her lp and KC) after she pulled a hammy at an agility trial earlier in the year. I did the right things (initial ice on vet's recommendation - he said it was worth it even 24 hours post injury, anti-inflams for a week, rest, reduuced activity, then gradual reintroduction of jumpng. But I thought at her age with winter coming on, the Back on Track coat couldn't hurt. She only wears it at night (cos I run my bedroom fairly cold, so it helps keep her warm as well. I call it her

Harry Potter" coat - thanks ness - and she comes on cue to get it on.

Only problem I have is that Kirra is such a long dog, but such a fine skinny minny, that to get the length, the coat is really too big around. Initially she would get tangled up in it, but she seems to have got it sorted now. If I was clever with a sewing needle, I could probably adapt it a bit - but I'm not.

They are expensive, but on balance, I think it was money fairly well spent on Kirra, at her age.

Kirra's Harry Potter coat

The only problem with the New Zealand distributor is the fact they are charging about $30 more then the Australian distributor - at least on current pricing. I had no issues with the Australian distributor and they responded to all my emails promptly.

The only problem with the New Zealand distributor is the fact they are charging about $30 more then the Australian distributor - at least on current pricing. I had no issues with the Australian distributor and they responded to all my emails promptly.

Are you sure ?

When I last did the conversion from NZ dollars it was less than $10 difference.

I decided to give the Aussie distributor another go after you had no problems with them - ordered 2 more coats, order goes through, they send confirmation email, all OK. 3 days later they send another email saying they made an error and don't have the sizes I need and as it will be another 3 weeks before they get them in they have refunded my money.

I would have happily waited the 3 weeks, but doesn't seem like they want the business to me - so ended up ordering from NZ again as I am happy to pay an extra $10 or so for prompt service, including responding to emails.

Not impressed with Aussie distributor in the slightest as you can tell - but great product and would definitely recommend it.

Hmmmm that was a few weeks ago now. Unless I messed up the conversion. It was like $140 NZ including shipping and I paid $92 Australian for my first one including shipping. Was yours recent I wonder if the price has gone up since I ordered my other one. Maybe you can answer LOL.

I was looking at ordering a smaller one for Kenz because I think the next size down from the one I had is probably a little better for her.

Have used mesh coat on one of my kelpies and human products on myself following surgery and am a big fan. In fact I also told Ness how much I liked them when she was first deciding so maybe my opinion isn't worth it either ? :rofl::rofl:

I bought mine ,and will continue to, (but I know I disagree with Ness on this one -LOL) from New Zealand - Australian distributor is rude as hell and unreliable with their product supply.

If you want to have a look at mine before you decide I might be at a trial sometime, that is if Victoria ever schedules any more agility trials and doesn't keep cancelling them all. Will hopefully be at Moorrabbin if that helps.

yep KC - I'll be at Moorrabbin so would love to see it :).

Would everyone recommend the Mesh coat or the actual dog coat? Sounds like they all have great reviews and yup Tassie I agree - for an older dog, even if they don't work injury wise I think they would be great as a warm up/ warm down coat as well as for the golden oldies :).

tassie - I can't view your pic :( It says I don't have access :(

Would love to know where people source it from - the WA supplier is out of stock, the NZ one seems pretty pricey and if shipping is not too bad, it seems buying from the UK is significantly cheaper. Lucky for me my brother lives there so I could ship to his place,then get him to post as that may work out cheaper (some advertise free shipping to UK)....

Think everybody has the mesh version LP :rofl:. And I will tell you it made a significantly noticeable difference to Kenz with her injury. To the extent where if she had a daytime sleep without it she would be sore and stiff but if I put it on her she would wake up 100% fine.

Edited by ness

I was looking at ordering a smaller one for Kenz because I think the next size down from the one I had is probably a little better for her.

Are you looking to sell your bigger one if you buy a smaller one, then? ;)

yep KC - I'll be at Moorrabbin so would love to see it :).

Would everyone recommend the Mesh coat or the actual dog coat? Sounds like they all have great reviews and yup Tassie I agree - for an older dog, even if they don't work injury wise I think they would be great as a warm up/ warm down coat as well as for the golden oldies :).

tassie - I can't view your pic :( It says I don't have access :(

Would love to know where people source it from - the WA supplier is out of stock, the NZ one seems pretty pricey and if shipping is not too bad, it seems buying from the UK is significantly cheaper. Lucky for me my brother lives there so I could ship to his place,then get him to post as that may work out cheaper (some advertise free shipping to UK)....

LP Will bring mine to Moorabbin - the poor injured one is still not running so will most likely be wearing it and can model it for you. Fitting is a bugger, if you don't get the neck to tail right it won't fit. They are actually designed to be a bit big in the body so they cover more area and you can adjust the belly band fairly easily.

In regard to price, it is impossible to get a 100% accurate conversion of what you will pay from NZ as the dollar changes slightly all the time, but $140 NZ will generally convert to between $100 and $110 Australian depending on the day, so I don't find the price difference between the two to be all that great. Especially as the Aus. distributor seems to be permanently out of of stock and makes no effort to rectify this IMO.

I actually applied to be a distributor as I believe in this product and think there is definitely a market for it in the agility community, but because they already have one in Aus. they weren't keen on another - unless it was the horse gear which appears to be anyone can do it. Don't know why they seem to think that the dog market is not as strong, but thems the breaks. If I could source the fabric I would go into making up some myself, but that's all heavily 'protected' too.