All Wormer For Goldie Pup

Lulusmummy

Hello again everyone

Things are going ever so well now with lulu she is coming out of her shell however we still struggle with toilet training :/

Anyways!

I was searching the forum on recommended wormers and I'm still not sure which one to use. I'd like something all in one, tablet or chew if possible.

My vet recommended heart guard but I've noticed the recent post on it about it not working properly

Any recommendations would be great! Something cost effective preferable too but I want to make sure she is completely covered :) thanks!

I used a combined product for heart worm, intestinal worms and fleas called Sentinal Septrum. I find this costs effective as it is cheaper than buying all 3 products seperately. It is also very easy as it just one chew once a month.

They also make a product with just heart and intestinal worms (no fleas) called Interceptor Spectrum

I cannot recommend an All Wormer on its own as it has been so long since I have brought anything but Spectrum.

Whatever you decide to buy I would recommend buying from an online store rather than a vet - you will save heaps!!

Edited by buddy1

My 4 month Goldie puppy has just had her first Interceptor Spectrum. I'm not so worried about fleas at this time of year.

Have used the large chewables for the big dogs for year - got medium for the puppy.

It covers heartworm and intestinal worms.

I use Interceptor too, I prefer to treat fleas if the problem arises so its much more economical for me to use Interceptor, it is also safe to give every 6 weeks rather than every 4, that makes a 6 tablet packet last 9 months instead of 6

Another interceptor, I split a large on between my 4 month old and my little wei, yes she is little, only weighs 21 or so kilos... some say u shouldn't really split them, but my vet said you could, I'll keep doing it until he is big enough for one on his own. Only problem is it doesn't do ticks... and I found a tiny one on him last week!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I do the interceptor too and then I do comfortis for fleas. Pretty happy with it, I will try doing the every 6 weeks rather than 4 for the interceptor if it is safe, way cheaper :)

Check at your local pharmacy for it as well as it might be cheaper. I work in a chemmart and we have a pet care range and everything seems way cheaper than the local pet shops. The comfortis for example is around $65 for 6 months rather than $85 at the local large pet store and I think most other things are cheaper too :D