Desexing Prices

Hi i live in Brisbane on the southside and was just wondering what an 'average' price is for a male desex for a 10 kilo dog. I know that all vets have there own set prices but ive been quoted 195. Can anyone recommend a good vet on the southside that has decent pricing. Thanks

We had our boy desexed at Sunnybank Veterinary Clinic. I can't remember exactly how much we paid for Kyojin (35kg or so at the time) but we paid a little bit extra since he had an undescended testicle that they had to go digging for. But it was less than half the price that our regular vet charges. These guys don't charge by weight.

Our clinic charges a standard fee for castrations regardless of weight, however speys on the other hand are priced in accordance with weight. Costs aside, you want to make sure that wherever you go that your pet will have an iv catheter in place throughout surgery, fluid therapy given whilst under GA, and anti inflamatories dispensed for a few days post op.

I use Furkids at Greenbank as my vet. They are fantastic. They mainly deal with breeders and showies and have very reasonable rates.

I haven't had a dog desexed there so don't know the price but just give them a call for a quote.

Their details are

Furkids Veterinary Surgery

694 Middle Road, Greenbank QLD 4124

(07) 3200 0498

another fan of Furkids Vet here.

I see PetVax at Underwood has good prices on desexing but after getting my girl done there I will not recommend them. She came out still bleeding from between her stitches

Hi i live in Brisbane on the southside and was just wondering what an 'average' price is for a male desex for a 10 kilo dog. I know that all vets have there own set prices but ive been quoted 195. Can anyone recommend a good vet on the southside that has decent pricing. Thanks

That's about on the money that price. Is it for the dog in your avatar? Being a braccy breed I would be more concerned about the vet than the price. I don't believe that fluids are necessary for a quick castrate so if it's an option, save your money.

Thanks everyone, yes it is for my frenchie boy. Atua that doesnt sound to good. Ill stick to my orignial vet she is a lovely lady and has been great with him so far, Clyde saving starts now! He also has to have surgery for his cherry eye so all up its abit for me atm.

Good luck with Clyde. Is there any chance that both surgeries can be combined as that may help reduce costs.

I wasnt too impressed when I got her back. I was most worried and upset. The bruising stayed there for a long time :( and she doesnt even have a tattoo in her ear. Still to this day she yelps if you touch anywhere near where she was desexed however I am not sure if that is from mental trauma or if it really still sore.

Thanks everyone, yes it is for my frenchie boy. Atua that doesnt sound to good. Ill stick to my orignial vet she is a lovely lady and has been great with him so far, Clyde saving starts now! He also has to have surgery for his cherry eye so all up its abit for me atm.

Random question but just wondering where you got your frenchie from? I'm interested in possibly getting one and researching some breeders. Thanks