Asap Lab - Dna Testing

dancinbcs

They don't have the rights to it - They can only give you a Clear By Parent History.

I did DNA testing with them and they told me this and is what my Certificate says from them.

I had to go to GT Pets for CEA.

ETA:

For Parent History; I scanned through copies of the sire and dam's DNA profiles and their Eye Screening results.

Edited by Parkeyre

I submitted swabs to ASAP last November for DM, CMR and Profile on two dogs after they advised me that they would have no problem doing these tests. Despite being in touch with them every few weeks to try and find out what the h$%% they were doing, so far all I have recieved is a a result for DM on one dog. That was about a month ago. Nothing before or since and just a lot of excuses that never answer my question of when I am going to get my results. Frankly I have NOT been impressed. :mad

I submitted swabs to ASAP last November for DM, CMR and Profile on two dogs after they advised me that they would have no problem doing these tests. Despite being in touch with them every few weeks to try and find out what the h$%% they were doing, so far all I have recieved is a a result for DM on one dog. That was about a month ago. Nothing before or since and just a lot of excuses that never answer my question of when I am going to get my results. Frankly I have NOT been impressed. :mad

Same happened to me, I kept getting the run around. Took three months and heaps of "we are still in validation phase". In the end I rang the Lab in Qld that they used and told them that they were being noted as the problem. Had my unofficial results the next day. Took them another 4 weeks to take the money out of my account. Would not use them again if I was in a hurry.

I sent samples to ASAP to test for PLL in Tenterfield Terriers, waited over 4 months for the results. They were swabbed at 3 weeks of age and I wanted results before they were 8 weeks.. I wouldn't bother using them again, it would be quicker to send samples to UK!

In my case I did in desperation actually get one of my dogs done for DM through OFA in the US and it was super fast! Ordered, kit received, swab done and sent off and results back in a total of about 2-3 weeks! While using OFA was not ideal (mainly because it doesn't accord with new proposed ANKC rules regarding positive identification at collection as you do the swabs yourself) at least I got a result I trusted and got it fast without going broke to get it and without all the hassle, which was what I needed at the time and had needed (and was promised) by ASAP. I doubt I will be using ASAP again.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. What a shame they don't seem to have managed to get up and running.

The email contact I had for them has also not responded. :(

I have had some frustrating experiences with ASAP earlier this year but I kept in contact and stressed that as long as they were up front with me and could tell me what to expect I would continue to support them so I was given upto date info about the tests and what I could expect although my first tests took 3 months to get back to me that was because they were desperately trying to get a new system up and running where they could do multiple tests at one time.

I have been informed by them that most tests are now good to go and my last set I sent took only a little over 2 weeks to get back to me.

I have been told that for my tests (PLL & NBT) I can now expect 5-7 day turnaround for results so I am about to try again with my latest pups.