Flooring For Dog Run?

3Woofs

thanks for the replies.

I just found some pavers on ebay with a really cheap "Buy it now" that just got listed so snapped them up. :thumbsup:

I've been watching Ebay for weeks and all the pavers have sold for really high prices, so it must be my lucky day!

Well done. :thumbsup:

Congrats on getting the pavers cheap.

Pavers have been my choice, twice! The plusses are that you can lay them on your own, without having to pay for expensive labour, they're easy to clean and you can hose them down weekly.

I have tried the other options (concrete is best but I can't do that big an area on my own) have all had major 'fails' in very wet and very dry times.

I, also, top my run areas with the 'Temporary Carports' that you can buy from SuperCheap Auto. The covers have a 12-month guarantee (I get about 18 months out of them) and can be bought separately from the frames which I usually get 4 years out of.

Pavers/bricks are best if you can get some cheap or freebies. Check Gumtree & Trading Post online daily. Many buyer remove for free but they do go quickly.

Otherwise if you don't mind spending a bit what about some fake grass ? Its not that expensive for a small area, you can roll it up, take it out & hose, dogs like it, looks nice & you can take it with you when you move out.

Concrete would be my first choice but unfortunatly I can't do it at this house.

I was just going to leave the grass but the area where I'll be putting the run is quite shaded and the grass doesn't grow well there.... after all the rain we've had the past week, it's already looking like a mudbath and that's without having the dogs hooning around on it yet.

Mine is a mud bath right now, I'm trying to come up with alternatives.

I looked into that fancy artifical grass and it will be just under $2,000 for my 6 x 4.3m kennel.

:dropjaw: Where on earth are you looking ? Bunnings have it from round about $20+ a metre for the short grass, which is what you would need. It is about 3 metres wide.

Before we built out permanent runs we used pavers. Only issue with them is they do tend to absorb the urine so make sure you use a kennel cleaner such as DELETE once a week to help keep odor under control. And hose the runs out every 2 days. Other than that they worked great.

Before we built out permanent runs we used pavers. Only issue with them is they do tend to absorb the urine so make sure you use a kennel cleaner such as DELETE once a week to help keep odor under control. And hose the runs out every 2 days. Other than that they worked great.

Any recommendations on places to buy DELETE? I've heard it's the best cleaner to use.

I'm also thinking of sealing the pavers to help reduce the urine absorption.