Dogs And Growing Grass With Success

koalathebear

I have 4 large dogs and we have grass. :thumbsup:

When we did our yard my OH spent alot of time researching grass as like everyone else our previous grass just turned to dirt!

Our grass is called Tiff Sport. It is the same grass that is used on sports fields. There are a few stadiums in Brisbane and on the goldy that use this grass.

A friend has Sir Walter I think & it does prettty well with many different dogs. But a sports type grass sounds like a good idea. I think I would want real lawn, yes it might be a hassle sometimes but, cooler in summer. Nice & soft for the dogs to lay on & natural :)

I have an open door policy here... the back door is open so the dogs have a choice of inside or outside... they tend to go outside to poo and wee, and prefer to lounge around inside more than running around outside... *grin*

T.

I have an open door policy here... the back door is open so the dogs have a choice of inside or outside... they tend to go outside to poo and wee, and prefer to lounge around inside more than running around outside... *grin*

T.

Yep we have the same open door policy here,but my two greys think it's great to relive their "not so glory"days by turning the backyard into a race track and bringing mud and grass into the house*sigh*.

Our backyard was a nice soft, fine bladed grass when we bought this place. We noticed a coarse runner grass trying to creep in from a neighbouring yard and intended to remove it...until we got Billie. The coarse grass now covers half the yard and withstands her busy feet. The soft grass has really struggled and has a lot more weeds than the other side. I won't be upset when the coarse grass conquers the whole yard.