Canon Photo5 2011

roxy's mum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoot - I entered all 5 last year so my box will be arriving mid-september :D

Hope we have more time this year. Last year I felt like it was so rushed. Most of mine were done at the last minute but I was happy with a lot of them.

I didn't enter anything last year due to lack of time, so hope there is more time. I have the photo worked out for the first brief so just need to remember to enter it LOL

Me too... I hope they took on the feedback from last year!

• 2 weeks later...

Hahaha, interesting info from the T & C's on the photo5 site, should give everyone a rough idea of the briefs... obviously this will also be dependant on whats in the box but its a good starting point:

5. Upload Process

(a) The “Upload Period” means the period commencing on 05/09/2011 and concludes at

i. EOS Photo5 Brief 5 (Panning Brief): 13/10/2011 at 12 noon.

ii. EOS Photo5 Brief 2 (Macro Brief): 17/10/2011 at 12 noon.

iii. EOS Photo5 Brief 3 (Low Light Brief): 19/10/2011 at 12 noon.

iv. EOS Photo5 Brief 4 (Fast Shutter Brief): 21/10/2011 at 12 noon.

v. EOS Photo5 Brief 1 (Open Brief): 24/10/2011 at 12 noon.

http://canon.com.au/en-AU/worldofeos/termsandconditions

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going in! Still swirling with ideas, but think it will be fun :) Does anyone know when the uploading period finishes? I think maybe this was in a different post by Roxy's Mum - but I don't quite understand the info. Good luck everyone, I don't want to know your ideas - but how are they all coming along?

Faye

Ok, so who has their first photo ready for upload today?

All those hoping for a box, that didn't get one last year would need to upload today I'm assuming to secure a box.

Anyone know what time the site opens for submissions?

I have a photo, it's not very good but it's the best I could come up with, I'm hoping they'll send a box to anyone who makes the effort to try, without actually judging whether or not the photo is "good enough". I dont know when it opens. I've had a look this morning but I cant enter yet. If you figure it out please let me know.

Canon needs to sack whoever is designing and running the EOS photo 5 comp site. If I view the entries when I am logged in, I can only see 3 pages of entries, if I view it when I am NOT logged in there are 4 pages but my own photo is not there. What the hell are they doing? :(

Oh, does anyone know how you can comment on their facebook page. I can look but I cant comment.

I can see my entry when I'm logged in, it's when I'm not logged in it's gone, and strangely so are alot of others. I dont know what they're doing. I asked on their facebook site and my question was taken down. I was quite polite about it too. :laugh:

After hours of trying this morning, with nothing but the site crashing time and time again, I decided to try Google Chrome on advise from the Canon Facebook page..... and it worked!!!!

I'm getting a box, wooooohooooo!!

I was so frustrated and angry yesterday and now again this morning. I just don't know why they couldn't get this right. It was supposed to open yesterday after all.

And I really do think a lot of people will miss out because of this. Keep in mind that a ton of boxes would have already been allocated to the people who entered last year, so for the rest of us I really think it's super limited numbers available.

I dont think it will be super limited boxes, try not to worry, they're just making sure people will actually submit photos. I have to admit to being one who got the boxes in the past and didn't enter a photograph. They're even having a TV campaign, I'm sure there'll be enough to go round.

What bothers me is I've submitted my photo and I could see it when I was logged in but if I viewed the entries when I wasn't logged in a whole lot of different photos came up, and mine wasn't there. Now it's not there even when I am logged in. Last time I looked the site had crashed so hopefully they're fixing it up now. You'd think a company as big as Canon would have a fail safe web site for this, they've been doing it for years now, they should have it sorted.

I concur.

Had to laugh when the website wasn't actually up at all or working yesterday. I submitted mine this morning, but after some grief - I had to follow some conversations on facebook to work out that logging in to canon (not just the comp) meant that I could actually write a description. You would think they would have been a little more ready than evidently they weren't.

Got two photos right on the last day (Technically last day before entry) and tossed up between which one to enter, I think I maybe went with the wrong one, but ah such is life. Very excited to be seeing the other briefs now!

FYI - Facebook Canon mentioned that if you are entering, to start briefs before you recieve your box in the mail if they are already up on the website. This sound a bit ominous for the amount of time free to think and shoot!

Glad you all got in ok in the end, it was very frustrating :)