Olive Oil Spray

Hunny

Our 7 month labby is fed a pretty basic diet I think...one or two chicken wings a day, plus the RC Lab puppy biscuits. She looks great, shiny coat and lean (I am paranoid about her weight). Brisket bones seem to have a lot of fat on them, so will be giving them a miss.

Anyway, with the dry biscuits, she will eat them under sufferance and they can sit there all day. I have bought some sachets of fish (can't remember the brand) that you can mix into dry dog food and she ate them up straight away then.

Hubby sprayed them with olive oil spray the other day(I don't know why he did that either... :confused: )but they were eaten up straight away, she loved it. Is this okay to put on her biscuits?

Thanks guys :)

I agree Stormie, I think I will hunt around for some cheap cans of fish instead. It would have to be better for her.

Mason Gibbs, seems we've got ourselves a fussy one! She has to be very hungry before eating them plain. Mind you..any thing else is gone in seconds!

Hi - may I suggest that for a few days- she gets NOTHING except her puppy kibble- unadulterated. NO wings, treats,fish.... Use the kibble as rewards, drop bits 'accidentally' on teh floor , feed her as normal... don't fuss about feeding ..just put it down..walk away , and pick up what's not eaten in ten minutes. NOTHING until next feed time. :)

see how that goes ....

Thanks Persephone :)

We 'sort of' did this when she was younger and I think she went one and half days without eating anything before eating her biscuits. Hubby is a soft touch though and thought I was being terrible. Anyway, time to give it another go I think!

Totally agree Nekhbet.

Put bickies down for breakfast, she had a bit of a sniff and wandered off. 10 minutes later I put them away. Hubby tried to give them back to her for 'lunch', she wasn't interested and I told him lucky we don't have kids or there'd be some serious disagreements going on! :laugh:

Tonight she ate them, so we'll keep going this way. Any bones can be given after the biscuits are eaten I think.