Parking At The Melbourne Royal

leopuppy04

A friend whose doing doggy danceing on the last day got a letter saying no parking at Flemington Racecourse

on that day due to a horse meet. Even suggested she take a tram or train?? :confused: How are you suppossed to catch one

with all the gear you take?

I also got the email from the RASV, didn't keep it though.

Good luck to those whom are entered on this day.

BB

lol at train and tram idea?!!! not only do u have heaps of gear but dogs arnt allowed on either bahah

Actually dogs are allowed on trains and trams:

http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/using-public-transport/animals-on-public-transport/

It is providing that the dogs are under control.

If I am needed to go back to the Royals for General Specials and have no alternative of getting there, I'll be catching a train and tram and will have my Min Pin with me in a small crate :). I don't need much with me, just the show lead, and grooming product to get him ready!

For tram, you just need to catch tram 57 from Elizabeth Street, providing that the train stops at Flinders St Station. If you have a small breed, it's a hell of a lot better than the stress of parking, and and walking such distance, and the nightmare peak hour traffic traveling home! :laugh: Train ride is only an hourish and tram is 25 minutes, but at least my parking will be outside a station when I return! :thumbsup:

Edit to add: If you are lucky enough to get a crate with wheels you can apparantly buy from the Reject Shop (I'm still looking for one!), you can just pull the handle out and wheel your dog around! :rofl:

Edited by Tambaqui