Dont Know What To Do....

cavvysavvy

Hello all,

I have a 3 year old cav who walks around like he is over 10 years old (slow and weary). He seems to have no drive or energy. Some days are better than others and if I coax him enough then he seems to play or run around with me. I am uncertain if he has a problem with his spine, or whether he just prefers to lay around and sleep his life away.

A vet visit a few months ago revealed a warm spot along his spine where he was prescribed a course of cartrophen, which I dont think has helped as he still has the warm inflamed area on his spine.

Will an x ray diagnose anything in particular for me?

Also of late he has been weeing all over his belly and front legs when he cocks his leg, which has never previously been an issue for him. This is what makes me think that he may have a spinal problem.

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions as to what this may be? I have him booked in for x rays later in the week, but I guess I am just a little impatient and after feedback and ideas from other DOLers

Any help would be much appreciated :thumbsup:

I would suggest that armed with x-rays, a decent canine chiropractor might help.

Is he overweight?

He is 10kg, not overwight but not trim either.

I have seen a chiro, Neil Maurer a few months ago, which I forgot to mention, so yeah done that.... He never liked it either mind you.

I just want my playful boy back.... ;)

I would definitely get a vet to check his heart, even it it was done a few months ago, to rule out (or in) heart troubles.

His heart has always been fine, even his last check, but this will be done on Wednesday morning when we hae the x rays done, but this would not explain the urinating on himself would it?

His heart has always been fine, even his last check, but this will be done on Wednesday morning when we hae the x rays done, but this would not explain the urinating on himself would it?

Yes it will if his back is sore he will have to adjust his posture to pee.

My old boy has back issues & each month with it getting worse he has to adjust his posture & method & yes gets on himself on occasions & the longer the pee he generally needs to walk at the same time as he can't stand still

We use Bowen over chiros especially if there is a hot feeling .

Certainly agree with getting x rays .There could be many reasons why or why not but atleast with an X ray you can either eliminate many reasons or find the right one straight away .

Cavy there's a really lovely lady in Ballarat that does Bowen. If you want her details send me a pm. Would certainly looking into bloods and xray but Bowen really helps with soreness. My girl has a back injury and the bowen really helps her.

Edited by Natsu chan