Greater Western Show - Kelso This Weekend

stonecutter

The rings will be fine, they were reasonably dry this morning after a lot of rain. Bring your gum boots for the car parking areas, as there are ups and down around the paddocks and a lot of water.

If people can minimise the amount of times they need to drive around looking to set up, it would be good. Please stay off the football fields and the cars are not permitted to drive or park on them. It's fenced off and parking is behind the goal posts at either end and behind the cricket pitch in the middle.

I think Gundogs or Hounds ( can't remember which ) swap rings but they are both very close to one another, so you won't need to move your tents etc.

Excuse my hand drawn map ( the funny looking H are the footy goal posts but they are more in the centre of the rings LOL ) the rings will have signs on them, but it will give you a better idea if the weather is as craptacular as it has been in the last two days, as to where you are going. The road around behind the club house, toilets etc is fine, just be carefull once you are out on the grass, as it's wet and boggy.

There is lots of room to set up around the edge of the rings and also between toys & hounds .... n/s and wd's

Hopefully none of the rings have changed since set up this morning.

post-4363-0-41538400-1317364548_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pav Lova

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the map and the tips Pav Lova! Do you know where the camping spots are?

As far as I know, you can camp where ever you like. I've camped twice and have camped where I've set up ringside. It's not a huge walk from any of the rings to the toilets and there's two walk aways back from the Gilmour st/ Sofala Rd side

I also forgot to say that if you are going to camp, there probably won't be any changing your mind and finding a motel room, as there's a footy comp on this weekend and apparently there are thousands of extra people in town. It's also school holidays and the weekend before our Race weekend.

If anyone needs any other info on the town etc, I'll try and check back later on tonight

Good luck to everyone competing this weekend :thumbsup: .

I wasn't concentrating and missed the closing date "doh" :eek: but I will come over for a looksee as I am dropping our daughter to "Nanna's" for a visit (they live in Bathurst).

I hope the weather behaves itself and turns on the sunshine and warmer temps for you all - especially for the brave people camping !!!

We have moved out of our gazebo into the tent because it is COLD (well, for me - I think it's about 5-8C). I think it's been raining most of the day (except luckily for 20 min while we put up our tent and gazebo)

Hot chips from the canteen were excellent :)

Fingers crossed the showers stop tomorrow - regardless it's quite wet. Very tough to keep a white dog white :laugh:

I was watching that ring waiting for the gundogs to finish so I could watch the next group in that same ring, there were a decent amount of goldens, they seemed to go on for a lot longer than most of the other breeds - sorry I cant be more specific.

It was very cold and wet so I only stuck around for a few hours but in that time I saw some very lovely dogs (and some very cold ones).

Bluebreeze and a couple of others exhibited. I can't remember how many but I would be guessing more than 10

Thanks Pav Lova... I expected Bluebreeze would of been there. Todays judge has goldens so it MAY of drawn a bigger entry than normal. The boy is bathed anyway. Think he needed it judging by the colour of the water!!!

Had a great day yesterday, although it was cold, wet and somewhat windy as well. :D There was a few good slips and slides in the ring to keep everyone entertained.

I also discovered that Hudson doesn't like showing through puddles.. hehe, So I suppose it was a learning experience.

Although he did come home with a win in the 3-6 month sweepstakes, and best baby of breed.

Will be back on Monday to try our luck again!

GoldenWei - they ran out of catalogues - sorry!

Non-Sporting was a small group (about 30 entries), so group was done about 11am. We did see a few gazebos go flying, even though some had been pegged down. It was getting very windy!

We only entered Sat & Sun, and I'm glad to be home in Sydney nice and warm, dry and in pants that don't have muddy paw prints all over them!

Thanks to the committee for organising - hopefully we'll have nicer weather next year :)