Barmera Sheepdog Trials

Ah but sheepies that are not used to people and dogs wont run to them and like good flock animals they stayed together :) IT even made the news down here.

I will have herding 1 way or another this weekend - will either go train Jazz or if I can't do that will take a drive to Barmera and she can go insane watching but not doing, lol. Shame it wasn't on the long weekend. I thought it always used to be the long weekend and I was already at Waikerie 1 day of that so would have been easy to keep going.

Ok, at this stage I am planning on taking the drive. Any idea though if it is a full day of competition or just a few final runs? If there will only be a half day then it probably wont be worth me taking the drive. Hopefully it is a full day planned.

The article in the paper mentions that there will be a winners 'victory lap' around lunch time on Sunday so presume trials will be over by then.. But I'm really not sure what time the day actually finishes.:confused:

*This might help;

Bob Clarke - Trial Organiser

Telephone:08 8588 2559 Fax:08 8583 2014

Mobile:0417 829 441

Edited by SecretKei

Ok, I was there from 8am to nearly 6! Tomorrow there will be about 25 dogs run, then the finals after that I think. Sheep were ratty and most retired. Only two got their sheep penned. Two sheep were so bad 4 dogs and lots of handlers couldn't get them off the field. Took about half and hour and they had to be run down and carried off!

Some of the top sheep men and women are there so if you want to it would be worth it. If you come up I'll be outside the clubhouse with the merle koolie, can't miss us.

Meant to say Landline where there all day, they filmed my boy so he might pop up on TV :laugh: it will air next Sunday.

Edited by Reverend Jo

After a sleepless night due to shoulder pain I decided against the long drive as that only makes it worse and I ended up sleeping in after being up from 3am to 5am.

Certainly sounds like it was a challenging day for them, how frustrating for everyone.