Ef-s18-135 Or Canon Twin Lens Kit 18-55 And 55-250

Karelea Aussies

My daughter is getting a DSLR for Christmas and we have narrowed it down to the Canon 550D. She is 15 and this will be her first real camera, although she has used the Canon 450D before so has a little knowlege of the SLR.

Now my question. In ragard to lenses, the salesman recommended forgetting the twin lens kit and going for the Body + EF-S 18-200 IS but that is about $300 over budget. The other two options we were looking at, were the body + twin lens kit (EF-S 18-55 IS and 55-250 IS) or the body + EF-S18-135 with both options being around the same cost.

Which of these two is going to be the better starting point for her. She doesn't have anything specific she wants to do, other than shoot absolutely anything and everything ;) . I would love for her to shoot both stills and action shots of the dogs, but I have already been told that I am not allowed to just disappear with HER camera :laugh:

Any help would be appreciated.

I'd probably go the twin kit set - they cover a nice range, give a lot of options, are very flexible and will give her a great start to figuring out which focal length she likes the most.

Both options are good, you can't go wrong :)

I'd probably go the twin kit set - they cover a nice range, give a lot of options, are very flexible and will give her a great start to figuring out which focal length she likes the most.

Both options are good, you can't go wrong :)

That kja said :)

I'd so buy it online!

It wouldn't worry you not to have the warranty? I would hate to get it here and find I had a faulty one :hitself: although, I could actually buy the body + 18-200 lens for the same price as the other two options, then she has 1 lens rather than having to change them.

Now to decide warranty or no warranty :noidea: