Limited Register Question

bjazld

Can a breeder co-own the puppies if sold on limited register?

my other question with limited papers is if you sell your pup's and say in 2 yrs time those owners sell the dog to someone else, can the papers be transferred into other person/s names ? (with or without the breeders knowing?)

my other question with limited papers is if you sell your pup's and say in 2 yrs time those owners sell the dog to someone else, can the papers be transferred into other person/s names ? (with or without the breeders knowing?)

Yes you may co own on the limited register.

Can not be transfered unless both owners sign the transfer.

Yes

if the dog is fully owned by the person with the papers then yes it can be sold and transferred....if it is co-owned then no - they would need to get permission from all thw co-owners.......

I take it there was no contract signed stating something to the effect that if for any reason the buyer couldn;t keep the dog the breeder had first option to take it back?

Edited by Fit for a King

yes my contract does state that the dog is to be returned to me at any stage of the dogs life if they no longer want or can keep the dog....but in reality the contract is by no means full-proof and even though i am trying to ensure my pup's go to the right homes, obviously you cant be 100% sure...

i did ask the same Question to the cccq but they answered with advising not to co-own and didnt specifically answer could i co-own on limited. so i assumed you couldnt!

the only reason i am now asking is i have noticed a litter advertised in my breed on limited/co-own conditions.

ETA: that is a relief to know i can co-own on limited.

im finding it hard as a first time breeder working out the best way to do this so both myself and the new owners are happy.

Edited by bjazld

Guest Doglady0419

yes my contract does state that the dog is to be returned to me at any stage of the dogs life if they no longer want or can keep the dog....but in reality the contract is by no means full-proof and even though i am trying to ensure my pup's go to the right homes, obviously you cant be 100% sure...

i did ask the same Question to the cccq but they answered with advising not to co-own and didnt specifically answer could i co-own on limited. so i assumed you couldnt!

the only reason i am now asking is i have noticed a litter advertised in my breed on limited/co-own conditions.

im finding it hard as a first time breeder working out the best way to do this so both myself and the new owners are happy.

Co-owning on Limited Register is probably the breeder's way of putting the pup out on breeder's terms and making certain you haven't purchased the pup for someone else. The breeder alone has the power to upgrade once only to the main register. To dispose of the pup, both signatures are required. If your contract states a time frame to de-sex the pup then it may be the sole owner after that event. Even if the breeder has stated that the pup comes back to her if you no longer can house or want the pup, he/she still requires YOUR signature to apply for transfer over to her.

Co-owning on Limited Register is probably the breeder's way of putting the pup out on breeder's terms and making certain you haven't purchased the pup for someone else. The breeder alone has the power to upgrade once only to the main register. To dispose of the pup, both signatures are required. If your contract states a time frame to de-sex the pup then it may be the sole owner after that event. Even if the breeder has stated that the pup comes back to her if you no longer can house or want the pup, he/she still requires YOUR signature to apply for transfer over to her.

Doglady it does not happen that way in Queensland. :)

If a dog goes into any form of partnership in this state the controlling body has their own special partnership agreement that must be completed and signed by both parties.

Guest Doglady0419

If a dog goes into any form of partnership in this state the controlling body has their own special partnership agreement that must be completed and signed by both parties.

I am aware of that fact! Same goes here in Vic. What I have mentioned is something you would include in that agreement!! You will NEVER have a leg to stand on if both parties have not agreed to and signed ORIGINALs of a written contract.....

I am aware of that fact! Same goes here in Vic. What I have mentioned is something you would include in that agreement!! You will NEVER have a leg to stand on if both parties have not agreed to and signed ORIGINALs of a written contract.....

I think you are missing the point......if it is not agreed to and signed by both parties (and there is provision for further addition for private agreements) the dog does not get transfered.

Guest Doglady0419

I think you are missing the point......if it is not agreed to and signed by both parties (and there is provision for further addition for private agreements) the dog does not get transfered.

Not missing the point at all......the co-ownership form is a contract and it doesn't matter whether you purchase on Limited or Main.....the space for provision is for you to agree or disagree to terms of the co-ownership. Your application will be kept on file for future reference. What I was saying is that if the breeder wants to co-own the pup on Limited or Main register, they obviously have their reasons (maybe a gut feeling of distrust) and should be agreed upon in writing whatever form or application you are applying for. Not everyone will purchase on co-ownership.

Is this another form i am supposed to fill in?, all i have from dogs Qld is a blue litter registration piece of paper and another form for the buyers to sign for limited reg..

Is this another form i am supposed to fill in?, all i have from dogs Qld is a blue litter registration piece of paper and another form for the buyers to sign for limited reg..

Yes, you will need to download the the partnership form from their web site.

(Yes I know its a bit of a pain in the but).

It can save a lot of problems later on for both parties.

I personally have never done one on limited but have done so on main.

Not missing the point at all......the co-ownership form is a contract and it doesn't matter whether you purchase on Limited or Main.....the space for provision is for you to agree or disagree to terms of the co-ownership. Your application will be kept on file for future reference. What I was saying is that if the breeder wants to co-own the pup on Limited or Main register, they obviously have their reasons (maybe a gut feeling of distrust) and should be agreed upon in writing whatever form or application you are applying for. Not everyone will purchase on co-ownership.

Yes of course.

Sorry, was on a different train of thought. :)

hi oakway,

i cant find anything about partnership on the dogs qld website, only the 'limited registration agreement' form (under member-forms) is this what you mean?

thanks

should of scrolled further down lol...i found it!

Edited by bjazld

BJ

Send me a PM with your email, and I will email you the same partnership form. What I have done, is taken it into adobe and made it so you can "type" in your conditions.

The biggest problem is CCCQ have no teeth or Balls. They have shown a tendancy of late to not stand by their own by-laws and constitution. So if something does turn pear shaped, do not rely on CCCQ to stick by you.

You can only really hope at the end of the day the puppy buyer does the right thing by you. Even with the best "contract" in the world, you can sell to a bad puppy buyer who will not get in contact with you if they have problems and sell the dog anyway without your knowing. (been there had that)

The best suggestion I think any of us can make, is make every opportunity to screen your potential puppy buyers.

BJ

Send me a PM with your email, and I will email you the same partnership form. What I have done, is taken it into adobe and made it so you can "type" in your conditions.

The biggest problem is CCCQ have no teeth or Balls. They have shown a tendancy of late to not stand by their own by-laws and constitution. So if something does turn pear shaped, do not rely on CCCQ to stick by you.

You can only really hope at the end of the day the puppy buyer does the right thing by you. Even with the best "contract" in the world, you can sell to a bad puppy buyer who will not get in contact with you if they have problems and sell the dog anyway without your knowing. (been there had that)

The best suggestion I think any of us can make, is make every opportunity to screen your potential puppy buyers.

thanks mystiqview, i have sent you a PM.