Professional Pet Transport Services In Australia

DogSvet

for 10 hours......is that all.

Then have some thought for mine and a lot of others that are flying internationally.....mine is flying Georgia USA to LAX then more checks and then back into a crate to fly to Sydney.

Some flights within Aust may take up to ten hours depending on the flight connection. (that is from the time the pup may be crated)

I can tell you far worse stories than yours and yes I still fly pups and adults around the country.

That's what happens when you fly dogs. Anything can happen. Some flights get cancelled. Look what happens to some pasengers that are totally stranded. Here you are blaming a transport company for something that's beyond their control. I am sure the Transport Company and the Airlines met their comitments but it just took a little longer.

Looking after that puppy is not beyond their control. The flight being delayed, yes that is, but like I have said in other post, Dogsvet did not have an issue with the flight being delayed, it was the transport company who were paid to take care of their pup that did not live up to their promise splattered all over their site. People are a different story when a flight has been delayed, they can look after themselves, what can a 8 week old puppy do???

Sit in the crate(BOLDED above) like the rest of the animals do when there is a delay, and wait till they are put on the conecting flight.

Thank all your lucky stars that some KIND person did not open the crate and let the dog escape, while they think they are being kind.

What I I can't understand is ...why is Dog Tainers Adelaide in the line of fire.

Unless they were contacted and paid to collect and look after the dog and return it to the airport for the flight how would they even know the dog was shipped ?.

I am starting to think that that shipping dogs may be a new thing to the consigners and they are not conversant with the way shipping works.

In response to the part above about why are Dogtainers Adelaide in the line of fire, it was completely their attitude to me during the whole process, from payment to finish. As I have said before, if ALL of the above happened, but they were nice to me - apologised for their mistake with payment, and also didnt get cranky on the phone as if I was disturbing their day, then I would be completely fine! I do not hold them responsible AT ALL for the delay in flights.. If the dog was to be kept in the cage and thats the way it's always done, then so be it - just say so and there is no worries, they shouldn't have said a word about taking her out if it wasnt going to happen.

It seems to be getting way off topic a lot from the original post that DogSvet and I wrote. This wasn't an attack on how dogs are transported... It was purely about customer service and as I have said before OUR PERSONAL experience. This post was meant to help people get all the stories they can to make an informed decision, not for DogSvet and I to get bombarded with how wrong we are.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogtainers are franchises, so I would imagine you would have to address your complaint to the Adelaide franchisee. The Canberra franchise is great, they've won MDBA awards for their service.

Have to agree with persephone that you will get better satisfaction approaching the franchisee with a well-structured & calmly presented complaint rather than firing up on a public forum first.

Hi, we did write proper statements and sent them through to the head office. The statements listed purely the FACTS of what happened from both our ends, and what was said to us, and was not an attack at all. We both mentioned the fantastic customer service on the Brisbane end, and how they tried to help even when it was out of their hands! This forum was just about public knowledge as well.

Hi All.

Thank you very much for all your replies, friendly and not that friendly.

I would like to close this topic now because it’s taking a very wrong direction. Please forget that I have ever mentioned it.

I live my life in order to help people. I make myself to wake up every morning and go to work just to help others.

I have to believe that at least 80% of people are good otherwise my life has no meaning!

I am very saddened that I have met that many angry people on this forum.

Goodbye for now.

GOD blesses you all.

Your crate should also have contained a drip style water bottle, so your puppy was not flown without water.

I've flown close to 30 dogs and pups with Dogtainers over the years and have never had an issue with them. We encountered two problems, one being a cancelled flight and the other a courier that didn;t show up but both were dealt with professionally.

There's no point bagging them on a public forum

You obviously do not check when your pups have been loaded into their crates, because they are not given a drip bottle to drink from. Maybe you need to check next time you take

a puppy for transporting, it may also give you second thoughts. The cancelled flight is not the issue that DogsVet is talking about. The flight company is not the issue, it was dogtainers promised service that was not delivered. It was dogtainers who were rude and very unhelpful, not the flight companies. Why steer off a subject totally irrelevant to what the complaint is actually about. Its a public forum like you stated, freedom of speech, if you don't like what has been said, you can leave with a reply like, My dealings with them have been great over 30 years, no problems what so ever, sorry your experience was a HORRIBLE one..... that's being honest and nice about it. Everyone has had different experiences with the company. Everyone is entitled to say how they feel about their experience. I as of yet have not had a bad experience with dogtainers, but in saying that, I have dealt with them once and that was the Brisbane office. They were great. Like I stated in my other post, great customer service goes a long way. I have a pup coming from Hobart this week and I am so praying I do not have to deal with Adelaide dogtainers as it frightens me to think what could happen. Dogsvet is not the only one who has had issue's with the Adelaide company, maybe you need to Google and see for your self.

You provide your own and fill it :)

I toilet my pups and dogs, give them a little drink and pop them in their crates ( with their own bedding ) , put the cable ties on the crates, hand them over to the courier or AAE direct and then wait until the plane departs. By waiting, you know that the plane has indeed departed and the flight hasn't been cancelled.

It's really just common sense flying a dog or puppy.

Your crate should also have contained a drip style water bottle, so your puppy was not flown without water.

I've flown close to 30 dogs and pups with Dogtainers over the years and have never had an issue with them. We encountered two problems, one being a cancelled flight and the other a courier that didn;t show up but both were dealt with professionally.

There's no point bagging them on a public forum

You obviously do not check when your pups have been loaded into their crates, because they are not given a drip bottle to drink from. Maybe you need to check next time you take

a puppy for transporting, it may also give you second thoughts. The cancelled flight is not the issue that DogsVet is talking about. The flight company is not the issue, it was dogtainers promised service that was not delivered. It was dogtainers who were rude and very unhelpful, not the flight companies. Why steer off a subject totally irrelevant to what the complaint is actually about. Its a public forum like you stated, freedom of speech, if you don't like what has been said, you can leave with a reply like, My dealings with them have been great over 30 years, no problems what so ever, sorry your experience was a HORRIBLE one..... that's being honest and nice about it. Everyone has had different experiences with the company. Everyone is entitled to say how they feel about their experience. I as of yet have not had a bad experience with dogtainers, but in saying that, I have dealt with them once and that was the Brisbane office. They were great. Like I stated in my other post, great customer service goes a long way. I have a pup coming from Hobart this week and I am so praying I do not have to deal with Adelaide dogtainers as it frightens me to think what could happen. Dogsvet is not the only one who has had issue's with the Adelaide company, maybe you need to Google and see for your self.

You provide your own and fill it :)

I toilet my pups and dogs, give them a little drink and pop them in their crates ( with their own bedding ) , put the cable ties on the crates, hand them over to the courier or AAE direct and then wait until the plane departs. By waiting, you know that the plane has indeed departed and the flight hasn't been cancelled.

It's really just common sense flying a dog or puppy.

Ok well that must be for very long distance travelling, because we were not allowed to put anything in the crate, nor were we able to tape, tie or whatever the papers on the crate.

So it just goes to show, that its different every state i suppose. But if we could do that, it would be good. But they don't let us, so i don't know why that is. Would you get your water

bottle back if you did it this way.? just curious

You are the only person who has rudely insulted another in this thread, yet other people are the angry ones?

I hope you manage to resolve all your issues with Dogtainers.

I think you need to go back and read from start to finish to see who insulted who first Clyde.

From what I can see the plane was delayed, yep no worries. Someone who was paid to go and collect puppy didn't as it was to far from the airport to their place of business even though they had been paid to do it. And there were lies and very rude customer service.

I would not be happy either. Not to mention I would be VERY stressed if my puppy did not arrive and I was told they didn't know where it was.

I would also be complaining in this instance.

I would also wait until the plane had left to amke sure my puppy was on the flight.

Edited by OSoSwift