How Did Everyone Fall In Love Their Pooch?

huskies4life88

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have three rottis

Chandra

Kelari

chance

Chandra i contacted breeder got sent pics but met her when I got her off the plane. Love this girl to pieces she would do anythign for me :D

Kelari is chandra's daughtert i fell in love from the moment she was born and she has a very special place in my heart

Chance is my husbands i liked him from pics at 6-8 weeks he is chandra's son. we got him at 6 months and he is a cheeky blighter you cant help but love him :D

awwwwwwwwwww :love:

I wasnt looking for a dog at the time, I was helping someone else find their dog by seeing if it had been turned into the pound, and wallah I fell in love with my baby talia instantaly.it was love at first site, i couldnt leave her there...cold and huddled in the corner with her big round husky eyes.

I paid $67 for her and 5 years later we are still in love hehe , she is 8 years young :thumbsup:

Harri and Elvis i both knew from tiny puppies (Harri before he was even born) so there has always been a bond there. The girls took a bit longer to get to know, Tinny tricked me at first and i thought she was a sweet quiet little BC but i was wrong :rofl:.

With my older girl it was absolutely love at first sight :D

I actually went to a shelter to see another dog, but she growled at me when I got close to her pen :( I looked around at the other dogs and when I went past Fox's pen she gently dropped a tennis ball at my feet and backed up slowly with the most hopeful look on her face :love: When the shelter employee that was helping us said she had to go check to make sure Fox wasn't on hold I honestly had a pain in my chest thinking we might not be able to adopt her. All was well tho and we took her home that day. Best decision ever.

Weez was more of a slow creep into our hearts, but he was good with the FoxDog (who can be a bit grumpy with other dogs) and a sweet little man so we took him in too. Wouldn't trade him for the world now of course.

My family and I had been through a very rough time with our previous dog which left us all, especially one of my daughters, traumatised.

I approached a breed rescue (Golden Retriever Rescue) & explained our situation & that we needed a calm dog as my daughter had become very fearful. They called me not long after & said they had the perfect dog for me.

When I met Honey, it was love at first sight. She came home and healed our family with her constant sweetness, affection & love.

That was two years ago & she is everything to me.

It took a while but now, thanks entirely to Honey, my daughter is no longer afraid of dogs. Previously she would panic & run onto a road rather than pass one on a footpath! BIG win there!

Edited by dee lee

My girl was meant to be a pedigree blue heeler, but I saw an ad on a noticeboard that someone had found a bitch who had had puppies at their place. I called them and they said she'd gone home and gave me that number. I went to check it out, purely for the puppy smooches, and fell in love with a little girl with mismatched eyes who was wrestling her siblings over who was going to chew on the crocodile tail next. She came home with us and it's been total love ever since. She's cheeky and naughty but she's mine :)

I had just had my second child and was suffering badly from depression (which I didn't know at the time). I came across DOL and saw a listing for Shih Tzu puppies. I had always wanted one and only a couple months before had had to put down my beautiful Shepherd x, Copper, so the timing to get a friend for my Golden Retriever, Ronin, seemed right. The breeder sent me the photos and it was definitely love at first sight. :love: I had to wait a couple of weeks for her to fly down from Townsville, but when she came off the plane I knew I had made the right decision. She is only four days older than my daughter, now 6. :D She was everything to me during those dark couple of months and even though people thought I was crazy to have a puppy with a new baby, she was exactly what I needed. Daisy and I have a very special bond.

Archer, my male Golden, is actually Archer 2. :rofl: But don't tell my kids :shhh: Archer's breeder was up in Queensland for a commercial with her puppies so I looked at all the boys and chose Archer as my first show dog. A week or so later we went down to Sydney and the litter were still there. That week had made a big difference and there was another puppy that had just gotten better and better. So with lots of convincing I changed Archer 1 to Archer 2. The puppies were down in the breeders kennel and my kids had only seen Archer 1 playing with all his siblings and they all looked like fluffy bundles to them. When it came time to go I brought Archer 2 up to the house. My daughter said "Are you sure that's Archer? He looks dirty and fat." (He was a darker gold) :laugh: But till this day they are still none the wiser that Archer was swapped!! But back to love at first sight. No it wasn't, it took a couple of days but now I adore my big boof head.

Aria came from Tas and I chose her from her photo and advice from her breeder. She was an amazingly beautiful Golden puppy but we are taking a little longer to bond as closely as I have bonded with Archer and Daisy. She is very different to any dogs I have ever owned. She is 7 months and we are slowly getting to know each other. We'll get there.

Wow, I have written a lot :rofl:

I rang lab rescue about a dog on their website. they didnt think we would be a match but thought another dog they had in their care would be perfect. i went to meet her, she winked at me and i just knew she adopted me. so that is how sasha came part of my family. plus she has been brillant with my cat and my nieces and friends kids

My old dog Emma it was love at first sight!

I saw her in a pen at the RSPCA - went home and apparently spent about 6 hours talking about this beautiful dog I'd seen. next day visited a friend and did the same thing - so she made me go back to actually meet Emma!

So I met her and spent about 45 minutes with her in a 'meeting yard" and from that moment knew that she was my dog - she'd chosen me really!!! Literally from the moment I took her from the kennels she never left my side! She was 9 then, and we only had 3.5 years together. But 3.5 years with a dog like that may well be better than a life time!!!

Kenzie was chosen for me by her breeder. I loved her from when I brought her home. But I think I fell in love with her when Emma started having health problems (K was probably about 7 months old then) - and it was because she was so tolerant of everything I had to do with Em and that there wasn't all the time in the world for her and she was so caring and loving towards Em. that's when I knew that Kenzie was also a really really special girl!!!! :)

Edited by Pretty Miss Emma

My old dog Emma it was love at first sight!

I saw her in a pen at the RSPCA - went home and apparently spent about 6 hours talking about this beautiful dog I'd seen. next day visited a friend and did the same thing - so she made me go back to actually meet Emma!

So I met her and spent about 45 minutes with her in a 'meeting yard" and from that moment knew that she was my dog - she'd chosen me really!!! Literally from the moment I took her from the kennels she never left my side! She was 9 then, and we only had 3.5 years together. But 3.5 years with a dog like that may well be better than a life time!!!

Kenzie was chosen for me by her breeder. I loved her from when I brought her home. But I think I fell in love with her when Emma started having health problems (K was probably about 7 months old then) - and it was because she was so tolerant of everything I had to do with Em and that there wasn't all the time in the world for her and she was so caring and loving towards Em. that's when I knew that Kenzie was also a really really special girl!!!! :)

:cry: thats beautiful emma :love:

you gave that beautiful old a happy ending... :)

i cant believe people would dump their dogs at 9 years old :(:mad

thanks god there are some compassionate people in the world who try to undo the evils that some humans inflict on animals.

I saw Dory on Petrescue...saw a scruffy little red dog with a very sweet face and thought she was really cute and therefore probably already taken. I checked up on her for about 2 weeks, umming and aahhing...when friends of mine told me to ring. I did so, thinking she was probably either taken or in the process of being taken.

NOPE!

Went and met her and then I just 'knew' she was going to be my dog.

Leema told me all of Dory's down sides (as well as good!) and she ticked all my boxes. For both Good and Bad Habits. :laugh: Plus she gave good cuddles to boot. :D

She was the perfect thing for that time in my life and still is.

Our Staffy, who we have had for 5 years (he is 12)....I really wasn't sure about him at first....we had told a local rescue what we were looking for in a dog, and a few days later got a call to say they had an older boy who seemed to fit what we were looing for. He seemed nice enough, and we had a two week trial, but for the first few days I really wasn't sure about him. What swung it for me was how gentle he was with our other animals (cats & rabbits).....didn;t take long for him to grow on me after that.

Our second dog, an SWF was a foster from the same rescue group, three months later. I knew as soon as someone enquired about him that I didn't want him to go anywhere. The family were really not suited to him though,so he stayed!

My girl was meant to be a pedigree blue heeler, but I saw an ad on a noticeboard that someone had found a bitch who had had puppies at their place. I called them and they said she'd gone home and gave me that number. I went to check it out, purely for the puppy smooches, and fell in love with a little girl with mismatched eyes who was wrestling her siblings over who was going to chew on the crocodile tail next. She came home with us and it's been total love ever since. She's cheeky and naughty but she's mine :)

Awwww heeler puppies :p My first dog was a heeler x kelpie from a neighbour's oops litter, when we went to see the litter she trundled over and planted herself on my shoe to have a chew on my shoelaces :D We bought her for a carton of beer and had her for 13 happy years :rainbowbridge:

Awwww heeler puppies :p My first dog was a heeler x kelpie from a neighbour's oops litter, when we went to see the litter she trundled over and planted herself on my shoe to have a chew on my shoelaces :D We bought her for a carton of beer and had her for 13 happy years :rainbowbridge:

classic aussie payment method :laugh:

awesome!! :)

I love reading these stories!

Mine wasn't exactly love at first sight - I was fostering a greyhound when I went to meet my Maggie at the breeder's house. I had started fostering to check whether I was ready for the committment of a dog, as I had left my old dog behind with my mum when I moved out of home, and hadn't had one ever since. I knew that my fostering time was coming to and end, so had started looking seriously at DOL listings and rescues, still not 100% sure I was doing the right thing.

I purposefully didn't take any money with me to the breeder that day, knowing that if I did, there was no chance I'd leave without having put a deposit down. Unbeknownst to me, my boyfriend did take money. Thankfully, in hindsight - because 3 other people/families were going to look at her that weekend, and I'm sure they would all have fallen completely in love and put deposits down too :laugh: Maggie had had a litter 10 weeks before (We met one of her puppies :love:) so had to be spayed etc, and I picked her up 2 weeks after having met her. I still wasn't sure whether I'd made the right decision - I was so so excited about bringing her home, but just.. wasn't 100%.

When we went back to pick her up though, all of that changed. As soon as I got her into the car, I was hit with this enormous wave of responsibility and love. I am so, so SO glad my boyfriend had money that day, because I wouldn't have my little girl otherwise. :D

I was looking for a Pug, I didn't care if it was an older dog. I mainly wanted a female, but never thought about a male. I was told about a dog with co-ordination problems, Archie was a male and 14 months old needing a new home. I then got this picture:

Archiecloseup.jpg

How could you resist that face and that tongue. I fell in love with him. He has been with us now 5 weeks and he just fits in perfectly into our family. We don't know what his future holds, we might have him for years and years, or a short time. He had a seizure a couple of weeks ago, the vet isn't sure what will happen.

But he is loved to death, spoilt rotten and a happy little guy. Thats all that counts.

Lynn

Edited by Bluefairy

Brembo is a RSPCA special - I had been looking on their website for weeks trying to convince my OH that we needed a big boofa instead of an ACD. A litter of 10 pups came in, were desexed and put up on the website. They were listed as rottie x mastiff. I thought they were cute so printed off a few pics, showed OH and begged him to come and look at them. We went to the shelter that afternoon, half an hour before closing not thinking we would be bringing a pup home. By the time we got there, there were only 4 pups left. 2 girls, 2 boys. We wanted a boy, so OH went into the run and sat with Brembo and his brother. Brembo waddled over but his brother pushed him out of the way. When OH went to pat his brother the pup ran away letting Brembo clamber into OH lap. OH looked over and said "Can we take him?" I agreed and started filling out paperwork (still hadn't even patted him). OH carried him to the car, I got in the passengers side and he put him on my lap. As soon as that boy looked up at me it was love! He is my heart boy through and through and we have an incredible bond. That was nearly 5 years ago now and he is still my special little man.

Sierra was advertised in the Trading Post. OH still wanted an ACD but I really liked RR's. So I contacted the breeder who lived in North QLD. We wanted a female and she only had 2 females in the litter. One she was keeping to run on and the other was to be put on limited register. They were 3 weeks old. We put a deposit on her and at 6 weeks my OH went and visited the breeder and met Sierra. He fell in love at first sight and 3.5 years on they are still inseparable. It took me nearly 2 years to form a bond with Sierra. It was only when she reached maturity and I started working part time hours that she decided I was a bit of alright and that she may not try to bump me off! We now have a good relationship but she is still very much OH's dog.