Showing Bitches In Season

klink

Have not pulled a bitch from a show simply because she's in season, however I will not permit them to be exercised close to others (or like some do, IN THE RINGS!) I keep a distance when waiting to go in the ring and make sure I tell anyone coming around with a dog, that my bitch is in season. I also tell the judge the first moment they are close enough to examine the bitch. I have not had any issues with this sort of courtesy from either inside or outside the rings.

As for the boys losing their brains...well that's just what it is. Some you can distract (have had those) others you can't (have had those too) But I've also had males that even before a bitch starts, he's going bonkers....to compensate for his over active libido and lack of brains, do we eliminate any bitch even remotely due to come on heat? He was no different when she was standing, to when she first came in....so after all....fairs fair...right?

Lack of good manners, is what creates problems, not bitches in season...they've been shown in the breed rings long before we all walked the earth....why now, is there so much whinging?

I agree with you Angelsun!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic