How Will The Qantas Strike Effect Shows This Weekend?

-Megz-

The Qantas CEO said on the 7pm ABC News that "all Qantas flights, domestic and flights in and out of Australia are now Cancelled until further notice and until the Unions lift their embargos/bans". Fair Work are meeting with Qantas tonight

I am so glad I cannot fly.

This will have a big impact on all shows this weekend as most of the judges are from overseas etc

Virgin have announced that they are bringing in extra planes and staff to help out travellers. Mentioned a special fare rate for stranded passengers holdng Qantas tickets subject to availability of course. Talk of special counters at airports and a special area on their website.

Fair Work hearing was at 10pm tonight. So hopefully by tomorrow sometime it might be sorted.

I think most of the international judges were already in Melbourne as there were shows today and tomorrow. Lets hope so anyway!

How stressful for those with dogs, flying around.

I am in Brisbane with a dog - due to fly back to Perth with Qantas on Wednesday. I came home last night following a trial and after a 35 minute wait - booked a flight home with Virgin on Thursday - yes they were giving existing Qantas passengers a 20% discount and although it was super expensive - I am just happy to have a direct flight home which had spare room for a dog.

I hung on for 90 minutes today starting at 6am trying to get onto Qantas to cancel my flight - but in the end gave up.

As at 5pm the news is "the entire Qantas fleet has been grounded until further notice!"

To add salt to the wound other airlines have put extra flights on but are charging double the airfare! :eek:

To coin Kevin Rudd" fair suck of the savoloy!"

What person has access to the money for an airfare that is twice would it be at such short notice? :mad