Refund Policy From Breeders

huskies4life88

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol talia my husky used to like a good wrestle haha before her arthritis got really bad :p which is why I like big doggies, I think lil doggies are cute but I feel like they are going to break hahahahaa

omg im going to have a baby next year i better get used to the "little" feeling :rofl:

If she admits she was told at the time that the initial deposit wasnt refundable, put it on and then expects it back thats a bit rough.

yes, the breeder asked her what the exact reason was, " health, moving etc.." and because it was simply change of mind over an tiny extra added expense of like $50 or something, she breeder said that is definetly not a valid excuse to go back on what they discussed and i agree. :)

Im a bit dissapointed at my mum atm but its her choice after all ....

:)

Hmm this is one reason I dont like the idea of deposits on pups ... what if something happens to the pup before you collect it or it develops health issues... I did not pay a deposit on either of mine.

If your mum truely does not want to the dog then she should not take it IMO.

If she admits she was told at the time that the initial deposit wasnt refundable, put it on and then expects it back thats a bit rough.

yes, the breeder asked her what the exact reason was, " health, moving etc.." and because it was simply change of mind over an tiny extra added expense of like $50 or something, she breeder said that is definetly not a valid excuse to go back on what they discussed and i agree. :)

Im a bit dissapointed at my mum atm but its her choice after all ....

:)

Well if $50 is "the straw that broke the camels back" she better not get a pup - ever... the little buggers cost money for the rest of their lives :o .

(didn't you say earlier that the breeder already reduced the purchase price anyway because your mother is interstate?)

Hmm this is one reason I dont like the idea of deposits on pups ... what if something happens to the pup before you collect it or it develops health issues... I did not pay a deposit on either of mine.

If your mum truely does not want to the dog then she should not take it IMO.

In that case you would be very clearly entitled to a refund, if there is no dog there can be no sale.

The benefit of paying a deposit is that the breeder knows whether a pup is sold or not sold. This benefits both parties. If the buyer does change their mind, the deposit gives them an incentive to notify the breeder as soon as possible which is in the best interests of the dog concerned.

Some years ago I purchased a pup and the breder refused to take a deposit - I spoke with her several times between when we agreed I would have the pup and home time. When I rang to organise when to pick it up it was sold to someone else .My kids and I were shattered and when I asked why she did that to me she simply said well you didnt have a deposit on it. Id rather place a deposit and know its mine.

the breeder is refusing to sell her the pup now and has told her on friday after she gets their vet work done

she is going to readvertise her for sale and then after the pup has found a home will be refunding the total price of $225 ( 50% of what my mum has paid so far)

my mum said she is seeking legal action....i just shook my head......i reminded her that a lawyer is going to cost more anyway....and that if she couldnt afford $50 extra on the transport then why go to a lawyer its going to cost more then for a consultaion, thats even if a lawyer will not laugh her out of the room first, seen as the breeder has given every option available.

:( sad at the moment......

Oh well...im her daughter and she is my mum lol

i have told her everything i have read here and even got her to read it over herself and she thinks she is still in the right.....

as i said...so you are going to disregard a plethora of knowledge because you assume the customer is always right....

the pup is not a piece of clothing.... :mad

I'm beginning to think there's more to this story than simply no longer wanting the puppy due to an additional $50 for interstate freight. If you really think about it, $50 to fly a dog interstate seems really cheap so I'm wondering if your mother did indeed change her mind about wanting a puppy.

Could you have offered to loan her the extra $50 if she really couldn't currently afford it? I know that if I so desperately wanted a puppy enough to have placed a deposit and follow-up payments, I'd take it no matter what.

I'm surprised she didn't opt for the breeder's second option of longer term payments myself and believe they've been more than fair to your mum. She's starting to sound quite immature if she can't accept that she was in the wrong -- however I totally relate to how you're feeling though. After all, it is *much* easier to blame someone else for your screw ups than to accept responsibility yourself.

Hope your mum grows up quick and releases that in the scheme of things, 50 bucks isn't worth all your troubles.

her headstrong attitude is starting to embarass me a little ay... :o

she got me to ring the breeder and I talked to them, they are such nice people and they are truly concerned at the meer thought of their puppies going to anyone who is so indecisive...... while i was trying to talk to them...my mother was in the background trying to talk legalities....i wanted to hide under a rock :rofl:

i ended up telling them, that its between them and her and I have only being trying to keep things calm and cool in this situation because i consider it a straight open and shut case, and that i think she should take option 3 because it suits everyones interests.

they thanked me for trying to sort it out and I told them i will try to talk her out of the lawyer and lawsuit idea.

fingers crossed :):o

again, thankyou for all the opinions they have helped alot :thumbsup:

I'm beginning to think there's more to this story than simply no longer wanting the puppy due to an additional $50 for interstate freight. If you really think about it, $50 to fly a dog interstate seems really cheap so I'm wondering if your mother did indeed change her mind about wanting a puppy.

Could you have offered to loan her the extra $50 if she really couldn't currently afford it? I know that if I so desperately wanted a puppy enough to have placed a deposit and follow-up payments, I'd take it no matter what.

I'm surprised she didn't opt for the breeder's second option of longer term payments myself and believe they've been more than fair to your mum. She's starting to sound quite immature if she can't accept that she was in the wrong -- however I totally relate to how you're feeling though. After all, it is *much* easier to blame someone else for your screw ups than to accept responsibility yourself.

Hope your mum grows up quick and releases that in the scheme of things, 50 bucks isn't worth all your troubles.

her original quote was $245 and then its was an extra $100 because the breeder couldnt make it to the airport and the pup had to picked up from the house instead and the breeder has offered to pay $50 of the additional cost for the muck around.

I am being sympathetic of the breeder, her father has a bacterial infection which is eating away his stomach and has to go into surgery on the day the pup has to be flown out, which is why she cant take the pup to the airport herself, hence the extra amount from dogtainers.

and because of this as i stated, she has offered $50 contribution to the extra costs, I have offered my mum money....she still thinks that its the breeders fault and that they have changed their mind blah blah and changed things on their end hence they should be held liable for any extra expense?

:mad

i hate feeling this way about my own mother :(:cry:

this breeder is going through hell with her fathers illness and my mum is hassling them over a measly amount of money.... :(

Edited by huskies4life88