Question About Havanese And Coton De Tulear

kenneh

Hi Dolers,

So, we are ready to have a second pup in the family and we were thinking of either a Havanese or Coton de Tulear, which brings me to these questions:

Can anyone recommend good Breeders for either of the above and also how much should we be expecting to pay?

We've found plenty of breeders for the Havananese but would really appreciate some recommendations 1st... As for the Coton... well, I can't seem to find any!! Do they even exists yet in Aus? :(

Thank you!!

I don't think there are any Coton breeders here. Is it even recognized by the ANKC?

I am not sure to be honest. I think you're right though, I cannot find any for the coton, whatsoever!

Any suggestions for the Havanese?

Our local pound had a very rare Coton Du Tulear cross one day. I cracked up when I saw the listing, they obviously had a breed book and they used it to label the dogs impounded and they'd picked a small white fluffy as a Coton Du Tulear cross. I wonder where the purebred Coton came from to make the cross! LOL!

As far as I am aware, there is no one breeding Coton De Tulear's in Australia.

A couple may have come as pets with their owners, but they are not a recognised breed here and so there are no ANKC registered breeders with Coton's.

You may have to settle for a Havanese, or one of the other beautiful Bichon type breeds (Bichon Frise, Maltese & Lowchen). :D

My Aunty was looking at Havanese, Maltese, bichon type dogs and a lowchen was suggested by Lowenhart.... Couldn't have been a better choice. She adores her dog and has been converted to the world of pedigree dogs! She can't believe how bombproof her temperament is! Worth considering if you have financial constraints... From memory the Havanese were about 2-3 thousand dollars.

Hi Dolers,

So, we are ready to have a second pup in the family and we were thinking of either a Havanese or Coton de Tulear, which brings me to these questions:

Can anyone recommend good Breeders for either of the above and also how much should we be expecting to pay?

We've found plenty of breeders for the Havananese but would really appreciate some recommendations 1st... As for the Coton... well, I can't seem to find any!! Do they even exists yet in Aus? :(

Thank you!!

Hi,

Go to the dol puppy listings and you will find quite a few havanese breeders, however no coton de tulear breeders.