Would Anyone In Adelaide Like To Make Some Money Over Christmas?

jacqui835

I'm sorry if I am not allowed to post this here, but I'm sure I remember reading posts from people wanting to mind animals and I would much prefer that my cat was in a loving environment for the 5 days we'll be away than just in a kennel/vet type environment...

I will be going to Sydney over Christmas, from the 23 - 28th December and will be taking Sammy with me but Vasco (my tonkinese kitten) will be staying in Adelaide. He is a very friendly cat, quite frisky in that he attacks dobermans on a daily basis and loves every human he meets. He's addicted to attention and if there are 2 people on the couch, he will stretch out so he can be on both. He's one of those cats that is never happier than when he's sprawled on a lap, and in ecstacy with every pat. I imagine that he would be happier living with someone else whilst we're away, I think he would be very upset if he found himself alone at night. He is a 100% indoor cat, and I would provide all food and kitty litter etc.

Details you may need:

Breed: Tonkinese

Vaccinated/wormed: up to date

Parasites: none

Desexed: not yet

Health Issues: none

Compatiability with dogs: good

Compatiability with cats: unknown

And of course I will pay a pet-sitting fee, not really sure what the going rates are but open to negotiation - I would like for Vasco to have a nice holiday while we're away.

Would have been happy to help you, but I am going away for exactly the same dates as you.

I have someone coming to stay to mind my dogs.

I bred and showed Burmese for 16 years, and have recently lost my last puss, so it would have been nice to have the company of one for a few days.

Good luck in finding someone.

What about a house sitter?

That would be fine, but it's only for 5 days. If anyone wanted a house to stay in for 5 days you're more than welcome and we have a huge yard if you have a dog.

I hope I find someone, I really don't like the thought of Vasco living in a cage for a week, he's just not that sort of cat. I'm also not sure about a lot of the ads on gumtree etc though where they come to your house once each day and the cat is alone the rest of the time - he cries when he can't find anyone :( There's still more than 5 weeks before I go anywhere though so hopefully something comes up.

Ask around locally too. I often used to house sit for friends of my parents when I was younger but I was very responsible. We are going camping for a week with the dogs and the cats are going into a great boarding facility. I've asked a very responsible girl in her late teens to house sit for us - she is well known in the area for doing a great job. There will only be the chooks, a few goats and hand watering the pot plants. She lives at home so loves getting away and having time to herself I think and is happy to just have the eggs as payment although I usually like to buy her a present as well.

What about a house sitter?

That would be fine, but it's only for 5 days. If anyone wanted a house to stay in for 5 days you're more than welcome and we have a huge yard if you have a dog.

I hope I find someone, I really don't like the thought of Vasco living in a cage for a week, he's just not that sort of cat. I'm also not sure about a lot of the ads on gumtree etc though where they come to your house once each day and the cat is alone the rest of the time - he cries when he can't find anyone :( There's still more than 5 weeks before I go anywhere though so hopefully something comes up.

If I wasn't working. I'd offer to house sit for you, done it many times :) & there's no way I could have the cat here with my dogs :( I really hope you find someone!

Did he come from Bev?

If you get stuck I could probably take him in but I do have another cat. No dogs but the most scary is a cat obsessed 9 year old son who would probably claw your eyes out when it was time to take him home, I also have an any animal in general obsessed 13 month old son