Difference Between Lightroom And Photoshop

whiskedaway

LR is very easy to use, much less complex than PS - which has its good points and bad points.

I use both. LR for culling and basic fixes (exposure/warm or cool/cropping) and then colour (which I have a number of presets for, both B&W and colour). Then I use PS for fine tuning, contrasting, sharpening, curves adjustments, cloning, liquifying and skin softening (if required).

Easier and faster to manipulate and organize.

LR doesn't do true layers which are useful for intensive edits, so you need PS for those. Most cloning processes etc are better off in PS, too.

LR does what I need at least 95% of the time. I prefer using it for many "basic" adjustments including curves usually.

The new sharpening features in LR are pretty good, but for complete control, PS is the winner.

If PS is working for you and you're comfortable in it you may not feel the need to change. Every person I personally know who was a huge PS user and then added LR now uses LR far more, but hasn't ditched PS - just modified their workflow to take advantage of each tool's powers.