New Amendment To Help Imported Breeds

Wazzat Xolo

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ANKC Conference amendment to Rule Part 6 3.3. This states that ALL pedigrees from recognised overseas bodies must be accepted as they are. This means dogs with no prefix as some countries do not have prefix in all cases ie MEXICO, as long as they have an INTERNATIONAL Ped can be registered here! Woo bloody whooooo thank you Mr W Burton, Mr G Doyle, and the ANKC New Breeds Group and all who helped to get this through, I will need to find a new naggggggg!!! and they said it couldnt be done!!!!!!!!!

I am naturally very excited as a new import rather crucial to the breed here can now make her way to the Australian Xoloitzcuintle scene and no doubt many others can as well.

NEW RULE: 3.3 No application for re-registration of any animal of a breed, whelped outside Australia

shall be accepted unless the dog is registered in an overseas Register managed by a

Canine Control recognised by ANKC Ltd and unless accompanied by the original

registration issued by the controlling body in the country in which the animal was last

registered and by an “Export Certified/Pedigree”. (10/06, 6.1.2)

OLD RULE: ANKC Regulation Part 6 Clause 3.4 clearly states the imported dogs that wish to be reregistered MUST have:

1. Registration Number

2. A Suffix or a Prefix

3. A registered Name

All other dogs in the background of the Export Certificate/Pedigree must have Registration number and a Registered Name.

Edited by Wazzat Xolo

Thats brilliant for rarer breeds!

If it opens the door there, it will open the door further here, which is MUCH needed in some rarer dogs cases. How fantastic! My dream of having a peruvian hairless might one day come true.. even if I have to send them to aus for a few months first LOL

If it opens the door there, it will open the door further here, which is MUCH needed in some rarer dogs cases. How fantastic! My dream of having a peruvian hairless might one day come true.. even if I have to send them to aus for a few months first LOL

Sadly the Peruvian never took off here, only one came and he must be getting on now! If the UK Kennel Club was pushed the xoloitzcuintle would be recognised there and be able to be shown in normal show classes instead of the IR! I have a few people in the UK waiting for my Xolos, but I am not to keen to send them where they cant be fully shown, but one lady has offered to take a dog to the WDS for me!!

I dont think the Peruvian is even on the IR in the UK is it ?

Fantastic work Wazzat!! :rock:

Will be great for those of us with aspirations to bring out rarer sighthounds... They normally come from smaller countries and are often named without prefix. :thumbsup:

It will be exciting for many, there are a lot of brilliant dogs out there that have been penalised by the old rule, I know the Azawakh ( sorry if the spelling is wrong) people are very excited.

Does this mean dogs registered overseas who have titre originale dogs in their pedigree (eg 'mountain bred' or 'desert bred' where a sire/dam is unknown) and as a result don't necessarily have a complete 5 generation pedigree can be imported/used? The new rule does seem to make this possible! :thumbsup:

Does this mean dogs registered overseas who have titre originale dogs in their pedigree (eg 'mountain bred' or 'desert bred' where a sire/dam is unknown) and as a result don't necessarily have a complete 5 generation pedigree can be imported/used? The new rule does seem to make this possible! :thumbsup:

YES YES YES !!!!! That is just what it means Tracy !!

and I have just such a pup here now with brand new papers

Linda

As I see it the dogs still have to have a three generation pedigree, I have been told to put in the ped to your association and attached a copy of the new rules..

I put mine in yesterday!!

Linda

No I don't think the new wording allows for dogs with incomplete pedigrees.

It allows for dogs with no prefix/suffix only.

All imported dogs still need complete pedigrees (3 generations).

Linda

That is right, but if you write and get facts on WHY and provide relevant breed info and kennel club country of origin info in a letter like I did, who knows, but you have to request these under specail circumstances. I had a lot of help from the Mexican KC and breeders world wide.

Sadly the Peruvian never took off here, only one came and he must be getting on now! If the UK Kennel Club was pushed the xoloitzcuintle would be recognised there and be able to be shown in normal show classes instead of the IR! I have a few people in the UK waiting for my Xolos, but I am not to keen to send them where they cant be fully shown, but one lady has offered to take a dog to the WDS for me!!

No, I don't think the Peruvian is here.

In the UK we have 3 sizes of Mexican Hairless recognised - is this just the alternative name for the Xolo, like Alsation for GSD?

How do you mean fully shown? As in separate breed classes? I can't see them ever getting the numbers up enough to have challenge certificates in the UK

Linda

If the dog is being imported has export papers issued by a recognised controlling body then the ANKC's associate membership of the FCI means that pedigree must be accepted. The only exception to this, is if both parents are not of the same breed.

The previous ANKC regulation which imposed additional requirements on the imports pedigree, has been removed to ensure we comply with the FCI statues as required by our FCI membership.

Graham

Edited by GRD

Linda

This is such great news :thumbsup: . Not having to discount out of hand dogs with titre originale dogs in their pedigree will be a real bonus and open up so many more opportunities! Wonderful that ANKC will now be recognising these pedigrees when they are already recognised by other bodies such as the FCI, AKC or UKC. :D

Linda

If the dog is being imported has export papers issued by a recognised controlling body then the ANKC's associate membership of the FCI means that pedigree must be accepted. The only exception to this, is if both parents are not of the same breed.

The previous ANKC regulation which imposed additional requirements on the imports pedigree, has been removed to ensure we comply with the FCI statues as required by our FCI membership.

Graham

It was explained to me, by one of the persons mentioned in the OP

that the new ruling is limited to prefix/sufix only.

I have an AKC registered dog

but as some of the dogs in the AKC dog's pedigree are non-AKC dogs, the pedigree is not accepted. (There are no UKC dogs in the pedigree).

I also have an FCI dog.

The pedigree is not accepted by the ANKC as the pedigree is not complete on the maternal grandsire.

Eventhough it is accepted by LOF/FCI.

NB: The saluki 'desert bred' scenario was given as an example of what would NOT be accepted.

Edited by lilli

Linda

That is right, but if you write and get facts on WHY and provide relevant breed info and kennel club country of origin info in a letter like I did, who knows, but you have to request these under specail circumstances. I had a lot of help from the Mexican KC and breeders world wide.

It is not always so simple :)

but as some of the dogs in the AKC dog's pedigree are non-AKC dogs, the pedigree is not accepted. (There are no UKC dogs in the pedigree).

I also have an FCI dog.

The pedigree is not accepted by the ANKC as the pedigree is not complete on the maternal grandsire.

NB: The saluki 'desert bred' scenario was given as an example of what would NOT be accepted.

As it was not me you spoke to, it must have been the other person mentioned in the OP.

Having been there for, and participating the discussions on this matter, advising on the obligations of FCI membership, voting in favour of the motion and finally physically amending the regulations, I can assure you that the amendments ARE NOT limited to prefix/suffix only.

Graham

I also have an FCI dog.

As it was not me you spoke to, it must have been the other person mentioned in the OP.

Having been there for, and participating the discussions on this matter, advising on the obligations of FCI membership, voting in favour of the motion and finally physically amending the regulations, I can assure you that the amendments ARE NOT limited to prefix/suffix only.

Graham

Well this might just keep Anatolians on the ANKC register after all ... :)

I have sent you a PM.

I hope this is okay.

Thank you.

No, I don't think the Peruvian is here.

In the UK we have 3 sizes of Mexican Hairless recognised - is this just the alternative name for the Xolo, like Alsation for GSD?

How do you mean fully shown? As in separate breed classes? I can't see them ever getting the numbers up enough to have challenge certificates in the UK

The correct breed name is Xolotzcuintle just the UK people reg it as Mexican hairless ( FCI and FCM is correct in XOLOITZCUINTLE) As in showing at show level not just as an unrecognised breed in the Import Classes held at some shows, we dont have that here in Aus, either a breed is recognised or its not and cant be shown. There are Peruvians in the Uk but I dont follow the breed so wasnt sure if it was on the IR. ( sorry not my cup of tea!!) lol