Loyal Pet Will Not Leave Grave

koalathebear

So sad, but touching.

After Lao Pan passed away this month at 68, his only Earthly companion, a light-haired dog, disappeared from his home in Panjiatun, a village near Qingdao, China.

Residents of the village later found the mutt sitting by his former owner’s grave site, where he remained for seven days, unmoved by the villagers efforts to coax him away with food.

When they forcibly removed him and gave him some sweet buns to eat, he merely took the buns and brought them back to the grave. They eventually relented and brought the food to him.

Sky News reports that there a plans to build a kennel for the dog inside the graveyard, so that he can always be near his best friend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PhwcJmfjbk&feature=youtu.be

Sky News reports that there a plans to build a kennel for the dog inside the graveyard, so that he can always be near his best friend.

Their loyalty just knows no bounds sometimes, does it? Our best friends will remani that way until their dying breaths.

Brings to mind some of he other dogs who have done this. Nobody should ever watch the Hachi movie. Way. too. Sad.

My girls & I have never recovered from watching Hachi Chris :(

Mother of the year for that pick!

(Note to self -read the cover next time!!!!!)

Neither did me and Mum! She taped it specially, ad we watched it together... bawled. The entire last half of the movie we were just in tears! We looked at one another when it was finished and swore we would never be able to watch it again, too sad.

Gulp (swallows hard due to large lump in throat), a little too close to home at the moment. :cry: My beloved Uncle passed away on Rememberance Day and his little JRT who was his constant and devoted companion has come to live with me. Dick and "Lucky" were devoted to each other and I know the little dog is missing his owner terribly, but he's doing OK at the moment. It's probably a good distraction that he has to try to keep up with the 'big dogs' at home.

S

P.S. KTB, you'd better not laugh out loud if you see me coming along with three and a half dogs!!!

Edited by Sheilaheel02

P.S. KTB, you'd better not laugh out loud if you see me coming along with three and a half dogs!!!

Wouldn't dream of it!!! :hug:

The doggy looks like such a gorgeous creature. The bit where he's in a drop with head on the ground is so sad :'( I wonder if he 'understands' ...