Susan Garrett's Recallers And Dvd Choices

denali

Hi there, I am kinda new around here. I have been here for a little bit, just hanging around on the edges.

So firstly I will say hi!

I have an almost 10 month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that I am hoping to do agility with.

But I was just wondering if any dol'ers have signed up to be a recaller 3.0?

This is the first time I have done the recallers course, and i am hoping it will be as great as everyone said!

Also, just a side topic. Clean run has free shipping at the moment. So what DVD's/books should i get?

Edited by denali

Hi,

I am thinking of signing up to Recallers 3 as well, will be the first time for me too :)

As for DVDs these are ones I have found helpful:

Susan Garrett's Success With One Jump

Susan Garrett's 2x2 weave training (if that is the method you want to use)

If you want to stay with her handling system, Greg Derrett's series of DVDs explains the handling. I have only seen the foundation one so far, hope to borrow the rest soon.

If you are doing Recallers and want to do Crate Games (which I have been told is expected as part of the course, as is Its Yer Choice, I haven't done either of them yet), the Crate Games DVD would be helpful too.

Thanks. Mine have great recall (only occasionally does Lucy flip me the bird but do due DA issues she isn't off leash in public areas anyway). However, I like the idea of 5 mins of training every day, and I struggle to make upt he 5 mins myself.

I did Recallers 1 and there were some great games in the package. Worth it in my opinion if you want to get a better connection with your dog, become more relevant/reinforcing to your dog. Some great ideas in the course and lots of help on the forums. There was some problems with the live webinars but I think Sg's changed things now so less problems, although I haven't been able to watch the promotion vids for Recallers 3:(

Edited by Jigsaw