Canidae Feeders

Reasons for asking, is that we have just stocked the product. The basics of any food product I can grasp, but I'm really interested in how it compares across the breeds and individual dogs. It's one thing to know the theory but the insight from users is invaluable.

I'll be using the salmon on a couple of mine and the life stages on another.

Are you using it on the Staffords? If so I'd be interested in how they do on it. :)

I'm road testing a couple of the Greys and Pav first.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those worried about the high protein levels, have a look at their Platinum food, which is specifically for older dogs and overweight dogs, but it does have a much lower protein level. May be worth a try.

btw I've noted that doggy bums are not stinky on the Grain Free Pure Sea.

Reasons for asking, is that we have just stocked the product. The basics of any food product I can grasp, but I'm really interested in how it compares across the breeds and individual dogs. It's one thing to know the theory but the insight from users is invaluable.

I'll be using the salmon on a couple of mine and the life stages on another.

Are you using it on the Staffords? If so I'd be interested in how they do on it. :)

I'm road testing a couple of the Greys and Pav first.

Yeah road test it on the hounds first to make sure it's safe. :D

So there's no chicken in the grain free salmon is there? This is what I'm thinking of changing to when our old formula Pro Plan Sensitive runs out. Is there anyone who does samples of it?

Nope there isn't and it's one of the reasons we've opted to stock it. Many others that advertise on the front of their bags as " turkey and rice " " lamb and rice " etc still contain chicken.

There's also a few manufacturers that are changing formulas, I feel for those who are using a product and we're getting good results that now have to look for something else.

Awesome. Obviously Pro Plan sensitive now has chicken meal in it, the rep has said that it "shouldn't" upset my girl's belly because there's not enough chicken in it but shouldn't isn't really good enough when you have a dog that is in pain from her upset belly and can't do what she wants to do.

Thanks for that Ams, will try for a sample. :)

Hi, for those that want to try. I did email Canidea au site and they were happy to mail samples out for me.

Hi all

Anyone that would like samples please email [email protected].

All we need is your name, address and product you wish to try.

We will send samples straight out to you

Thanks

Just a question to those concerned about the protein levels in grain free foods.

If you are adding raw meat/offal/bones to your dog's diet, do you know how much protein a day you are feeding?

Dogs actually need protein. It isn't the baddie that some people say it is. Personally, I'd only be cautious with protein levels if a health condition dictated. Puppies do not grow faster/get bigger on higher protein. That is the result of high calories. With grain free foods, one tends to offer less than a grain based diet, so the percentage of protein isn't nearly as high per serve as you may think.

Just my two cents worth.

Sags :)

Guest lavendergirl

Just a question to those concerned about the protein levels in grain free foods.

If you are adding raw meat/offal/bones to your dog's diet, do you know how much protein a day you are feeding?

Dogs actually need protein. It isn't the baddie that some people say it is. Personally, I'd only be cautious with protein levels if a health condition dictated. Puppies do not grow faster/get bigger on higher protein. That is the result of high calories. With grain free foods, one tends to offer less than a grain based diet, so the percentage of protein isn't nearly as high per serve as you may think.

Just my two cents worth.

Sags :)

It is because I am adding extra protein in the form of tuna/salmon etc to the kibble that the high level concerns me. Add to that treats, chews etc and the overall protein level in the diet is quite high even with a lower protein level kibble.