Cesar Milan - Unleash Tour Australia

jacqui835

I went last time here in Brisbane. While he is terrific and it was very interesting - it was the completely and utterly ignorant dog people that made me want to scream. Questions from the audience session was painful as people said things like "OMG love your books, seen all your DVD's" and then proceeded to ask a question that would have been FUNDAMENTAL to his teaching.

If he could have "experienced dog people audiences" and "pet dog people audiences" - I think we would all have gained more from it.

We had a lady at ours whose dog was scared of basket balls (never mind she threw the dog at the ball and said "see")hmmmmmmm Anyway - he had barely finished demonstrating how to desensitise the dog when the next person says - my dogs hates ping pong balls - what can I do?? :rolleyes: Are people really that incapable of taking a theory and applying it to similar circumstances - or am I too hard??

Anyway - to answer your original question - yes - if you are a massive fan - gotta go once - but not something I would do again.

Colliehound

I went last Saturday night and he was a speck in the distance. I found him reasonably humorous but would learn more from his DVDs perhaps. I do have a lot of dog experience, the lady with the poodle irritated me! I was more interested in the dog obsessed with the pine cones ...

Oh what a shame I missed you Dogmad.

I went to the sat night show as well. I agree he was entertaining, I think it is geared for your average dog owner though...I found myself wanting to see more complex behaviours.

I think it is great to have someone out there in the public face for dogs.

I too loved the pine cone dog, he was simply gorgeous and so funny with his antics. He reminded me of Bella our Kelpie with the horses.

I went to the Hamilton NZ one, and was lucky to have front row seats. I really enjoyed the show and came away with some new ideas.

The Q&A session was very sad indeed. I am glad to hear that we weren't the only place to have less than intelligent questions asked. I was a bit embarrassed by it all actually. :eek:

While I would pay for good seats again, I wouldn't be wasting my time staying for the Q&A session.

Overall, a highly entertaining night and one which really reiterated that the more we humanise out pets, the worse they become.

Had front row in Adelaide too - the seminar part was really good and entertaining. My only complaint is who on earth chosethe 4 (yes only 4) questions last night. First woman who may have put it in before the show but her questions were answered during the show and Im sure there were more interesting ones in there. 'My dog is possessive' turned out to be my dog is the packleader and we all work around them. Second question was another that after a while was thinking can we move on then one on choosing a puppy - great response from Cesar how to choose the right activity level then she goes on but what about teh 1 and 3yo kids helping - sorry but kids that young should be taught just like a young dog not in there helping to 'choose' a dog thats the parents job as an adult to judge. Cesar was great handling the 4 questions (yep thought we may have more but the time went with the first question going on and then having the repeat to the puppy lady). You could see Rob Zammit wanted to move it on as he had more than 4 info sheets way more than 4 but I guess he cant really just cut them off.

And hadnt seen teh South park & Cesar clip before - got to see if thats on youtube.

We went to the Adelaide show last night and had second row seats. It was entertaining and Cesar is a great public speaker. It was great to see his calm assertive energy in person and how the dogs picked up on it and responded straight away. As others have said the question time was a waste of time and money.

I went to the Sydney show and loved it. A true entertainer. Very funny. and probably didn't learn anything more. But I really enjoyed the show.

I was disappointed not to go the Q & A, but after hearing everyone's comments - I'm pleased I didn't go.

But a really great night. And Yep, now I too can say I have seen him live

I think for the money it costs unless you were a really hard core CM fan and wanted to see him for the purpose of seeing him I wouldn't personally bother. I go to loads of seminars and workshops and I spend a fair amount of money doing so, but CM's seminars just don't appeal to me.

i saw him in newcastle last week and i laughed really hard, and i did pick up on some things! i thought it was worth the money and a good night out except for the Q+A session. Two of the ladies asked about forty questions stemming from thier one and you could tell he didn't want to be rude but was stuck with them, and they were pretty basic like toilet training and a lady scared of big dogs! i watch him all the time so it wasn't really anything new, but the way he said it made me have a few ah moments, plus he is actually really funny! I was in the front section so i could see him really close, (5th row back) and our venue sucks as well!

Wasn't one of those a poodle lady aswell? LOL we went to Newcastle also and had a great time................had more fun watching him 'shake his booty' though but Im just an old perve :-)

Had front row in Adelaide too - the seminar part was really good and entertaining. My only complaint is who on earth chosethe 4 (yes only 4) questions last night. First woman who may have put it in before the show but her questions were answered during the show and Im sure there were more interesting ones in there. 'My dog is possessive' turned out to be my dog is the packleader and we all work around them. Second question was another that after a while was thinking can we move on then one on choosing a puppy - great response from Cesar how to choose the right activity level then she goes on but what about teh 1 and 3yo kids helping - sorry but kids that young should be taught just like a young dog not in there helping to 'choose' a dog thats the parents job as an adult to judge. Cesar was great handling the 4 questions (yep thought we may have more but the time went with the first question going on and then having the repeat to the puppy lady). You could see Rob Zammit wanted to move it on as he had more than 4 info sheets way more than 4 but I guess he cant really just cut them off.

And hadnt seen teh South park & Cesar clip before - got to see if thats on youtube.

That South PArk clip had me in stitches......was so relavant lol

I went to the Sydney showed and loved it. Probably didn't learn anything new but for me it was all about those 'oh yeah, I should probably do that again' moments.

He is very entertaining. The poodle lady at the Sydney show made it for me though:) #youhadtobethere

Wasn't she special......!!!! We are still talking about her and her complaint that her dog kept "shouting at her".

It was "swearing" and "yelling" when she was "cooking" his dinner.

That South PArk clip had me in stitches......was so relavant lol

Found some of it on youtube - was missing the walk bit. Yep we were all killing ourselves laughing (cant stand South Park usually but that clip was briliant).

I went to the Sydney showed and loved it. Probably didn't learn anything new but for me it was all about those 'oh yeah, I should probably do that again' moments.

He is very entertaining. The poodle lady at the Sydney show made it for me though:) #youhadtobethere

Wasn't she special......!!!! We are still talking about her and her complaint that her dog kept "shouting at her".

It was "swearing" and "yelling" when she was "cooking" his dinner.

She was a real shocker! And her constant giggling... she really did my head in.

I didn't learn anything but he is a great performer :)