Debarking

bt2510

good luck with that one....

I looked into it and it looks like a lengthy process. I found a vet to do it but they need a paperwork from the council to say the dogs a nuisance dog. It's going to be harder than I thought! :(

We had a dog de barked a few weeks ago, we got a nuisance order from council and a affidavit signed by a GP.

Our dog is now barking again with sound which our vet said would probably happen but it is not as high pitched as it was. A complete de bark is very expensive, approx $4000 and is done in Sydney at SASH, couldn't afford that one.

Edited by smooch

What is the best course of action to get my dog debarked in NSW? :banghead: 4 years of dog collars and extensive training and still I have a barking dog,that annoys all my neighbours. Time to action plan C. :crazy:

Go into the local council and speak with the Ranger, tell them what you have done and request that they co-operate with you, so that you and the dog can live peacefully with your neighbours and request that they issue a nuisance order.

Most rangers are resonable people and will understand that you have gone to great lenghts to put a stop to the barking.

What is the best course of action to get my dog debarked in NSW? :banghead: 4 years of dog collars and extensive training and still I have a barking dog,that annoys all my neighbours. Time to action plan C. :crazy:

Go into the local council and speak with the Ranger, tell them what you have done and request that they co-operate with you, so that you and the dog can live peacefully with your neighbours and request that they issue a nuisance order.

Most rangers are resonable people and will understand that you have gone to great lenghts to put a stop to the barking.

I agree they should be able to help you. Keep a record of who and when you spoke to them too just for added protection if someone complains about your dog barking in the mean time.

$4000 for a debark? No way, should be about $2-400, and you dont want them silent. You will never know when they are injured or in trouble if you cannot hear them at all. Good luck!

Yes that's what my daughter was quoted. Agree they do need to be able to make some noise.

$4000 for a debark? No way, should be about $2-400, and you dont want them silent. You will never know when they are injured or in trouble if you cannot hear them at all. Good luck!

Yes that's what my daughter was quoted. Agree they do need to be able to make some noise.

I had a dog done approx 3 years ago here in Queanbeyan and all I needed was to sign a form from the vet to say she was a nuisance barker, I did not need anything from the rangers.

Maree

CPR

Yep, best advice here. Just go and speak to the companion animal department. You need to be issued with a nuisance dog order and take a copy of both this and a stat dec to your vet.