Arrrhhh Doing My Head In!

SwaY

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sway - Jaemist - its mine - Shetland Sheepdog.... cheers (no litter yet - fingers crossed for February).

Just by the by - How did you know about that one? I hadn't said anything when I got it and don't think its been published here in SA. No dogs with this prefix yet cos the puppies haven't been born...

I have edited it for you. Vic&NSW gazettes have a list of newly approved prefixes and they are entered in the database each month.

That why many will show up with no breed assigned to them.

I think all States should publish the newly approved prefixes, how else can you object if you don't know what they are??

Does ANKC send out an update of recently registered prefixes in each state?

Oh how I wish! I have asked for a list and they won't supply one.

Funny that SA doesn't put it in theirs. They should. I only had an idea of what I could use thanks to your website Sway.

Mine is the same as an older one, in the same breed, from somewhere in Europe! :eek: I didn't know this when I put it third on my list... Yet I cannot find reference to anything similar to my first one... Strange... :laugh:

Funny with mine too - it is similar to a prefix in the same breed in US, but I didn't know this - when it also was third on my list. No reference to anything anywhere to my first choice (or second) but both contained part of my surname, so that might have been why? who knows?

I wish there was some constancy with approving prefixes - they say no common names, places, surnames etc.

I see plenty of newly approved prefixes that are all of the above, yet some pass and others do not.

I wish there was some constancy with approving prefixes - they say no common names, places, surnames etc.

I see plenty of newly approved prefixes that are all of the above, yet some pass and others do not.

I now! And all the vast variations on blu and staff - I can scarcely believe they can contine to approve them, just on similarity grounds!