Litters Due In February 2012

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a litter of labradors due on Monday the 13th. She isn't looking huge, so don't expect a very big litter, as long as I get a few stunners for myself and no complications or dramas I will be very happy. She is an experienced mum, so don't expect anything to go wrong.

This will be her last litter so fingers crossed for some really lovely pups to run on.

Big congratulations to the litters on the ground, makes waiting very exciting!

Edited by shellbyville

Hi, I had a phone call from the vet after he checked Nessa's xray and it seems she is expecting 9 little collies now! Phew!

:thumbsup: Great news! Best of luck with everything :)

I have a litter of labradors due on Monday the 13th. She isn't looking huge, so don't expect a very big litter, as long as I get a few stunners for myself and no complications or dramas I will be very happy. She is an experienced mum, so don't expect anything to go wrong.

This will be her last litter so fingers crossed for some really lovely pups to run on.

Keeping everything crossed for some nice babies for you to keep Shellbyville. Not long to go!

Thanks for the well wishes. I hope all goes well with the other litters due. :thumbsup: I am on leave from work now and it seems it's just in time. Nessa's temp dropped to 36.1 and she is panting and restless. Waiting...waiting...waiting...could be a while yet it's her first litter and my first collie litter so I'm not certain what to expect. :)

Does anyone else get really anxious in the final weeks before whelping?! I'm imagining all these horrible things that can go wrong and start worrying about the smallest things :o. Does it get easier the more litters you have?!

But then, on the other hand, I'm so impatient for them to come, I can't wait!! Hahaha!

I still get a little anxious before each whelping, because i know things can and sometimes do go wrong. So for me after 7 whelpings I still get a bit nervous, and most of mine have been really good. Had to take 1 for a C Section because of uterine inertia. We have had 2 still born pups, which at the time I was devastated, especially the first one and wondered what I could have done to avoid it.

So I am still a worrier! Probably always will be. However once mum has had a few pups and she is going well and got the hang of it, I relax and enjoy.

Good luck!

I worry because these dogs are part of my family and they cant tell me when something is wrong so if something does go wrong I wonder if I missed a sign or something.

On a positive note I think Willow will whelp this w/end as she has slown right down to not eating, pants very easily and on and off often (getting ready me thinks) and she usually isn't a panter. And she is drinking masses of water. Poor girl does a little vomit every now and then. Temp is still normal with no dip who knows!!!!

Does anyone else get really anxious in the final weeks before whelping?! I'm imagining all these horrible things that can go wrong and start worrying about the smallest things :o. Does it get easier the more litters you have?!

But then, on the other hand, I'm so impatient for them to come, I can't wait!! Hahaha!

After our last try (ie disaster), we have been anxious from day one, and its getting worse! I think I would feel more relaxed if it was Holly, for example, who was having a litter.

Ruby is off for another ultrasound next week to check how the babies are going.

I still get a little anxious before each whelping, because i know things can and sometimes do go wrong. So for me after 7 whelpings I still get a bit nervous, and most of mine have been really good. Had to take 1 for a C Section because of uterine inertia. We have had 2 still born pups, which at the time I was devastated, especially the first one and wondered what I could have done to avoid it.

So I am still a worrier! Probably always will be. However once mum has had a few pups and she is going well and got the hang of it, I relax and enjoy.

Good luck!

Yup - once they are here and thriving I relax and enjoy them, but when it's getting to those last stages I worry about everything - what if she only has a couple (because I have a few really good homes waiting), what if something terrible goes wrong, and what if she needs a ceasar again! Even then, a c-Sect is not soo bad if you have healthy pups at the end. Loosing them all or some would be heartbreaking :o

I worry because these dogs are part of my family and they cant tell me when something is wrong so if something does go wrong I wonder if I missed a sign or something.

On a positive note I think Willow will whelp this w/end as she has slown right down to not eating, pants very easily and on and off often (getting ready me thinks) and she usually isn't a panter. And she is drinking masses of water. Poor girl does a little vomit every now and then. Temp is still normal with no dip who knows!!!!

Oooh - good luck underfoot! I'm the same as you - my dogs are my life, so I ALWAYS worry! I think I worry more because if anything did happen to one of my dogs at this time, I would feel as though it was my fault...

After our last try (ie disaster), we have been anxious from day one, and its getting worse! I think I would feel more relaxed if it was Holly, for example, who was having a litter.

Ruby is off for another ultrasound next week to check how the babies are going.

Good luck Lyndsay!

I'm always anxious. I promise myself that I need to stop reading the DOL Breeders threads during this time so I don't have yet another horror story on my mind .... but I keep reading :laugh:

Oh I know all about that too!! :laugh:

Any news from Serenity star? She could be having puppys today.

Lovin the baby pics and boy do I love that puppy breath. I still think Willow will go either Sunday or Monday as she is spread over the couch snoring her head off. She wont even let me go to the toilet on my own. Poor love she is HUGE!!! eek1.gif

Hi love the puppy pics. Still waiting with Nessa, I'm sitting on my bed with her head on my arm. She ate last night but couldn't keep it down. Her temperature seems to be going up and down (or I need a new thermometer) Anyway I'm not going anywhere and the rest of dogs are quiet so maybe they know something.