Litters Due In February 2012

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it going jr inoz?

Nessa and her nine collies are doing well. The cat has even visited and been treated civily.

When I figure out how to add a photo I will.

Rommy's temperature went back up again around 4pm. Then up a little more, so I got a bit nervous thinking something might have happened to puppies. She had a little vomit at dinner time when she tried to vacuum her food so I was a little worried. Everything back to normal an hour or two later - so I put the vomit down to her eating too fast with her puppies growing.

Today - all looking ok..... so planned caesarean on wednesday still most likely and most hoped for. Fingers still crossed.

Good luck jr! Just a little update on Melodie and Kids :D

Pups are looking like black silky slugs and growing so so fast! Melodie was off her food for a little while but is back on track and looking great!! Plenty of Milk and happy :) Just a couple more pictures

IMG_2670.jpg

Milk Drunk!!

IMG_2673.jpg

Hawkesdale and SS they are gorgeous!

I'm continuing to get antsy now as Kinta continues to grow bigger and bigger and more and more uncomfortable. All she needs to do is make it to next weekend :laugh:

How are things at your end Armahrni?

NOthing happening here. I've come to the distinct conclusion the new thermometer I purchased on Saturday because mine died Friday night is faulty! :laugh:

She is showing absolutely no interest in having babies anytime soon :D

We have had a very long night here. My girl started panting around 5pm, then at around 10.30 she had some intermittent, very weak bouts of straining, but only a few at a time, so wasn't too worried. However by about 2pm I was starting to get concerned. I had a check internally and couldn't feel anything in birth canal or over the rim, so just hung off ringing the vet. She was not distressed at all and the contractions were between 25 min to 40 minutes apart at times, with no sign of coloured discharge. However by 4 pm I had the phone in my hand to ring the vet, but thought I would examine her just before and could feel a pup just entering the birth canal. So finally at 4.55am a little black girl arrived, about an hour after that a yellow girl and then not long after that a black boy.

I knew she wasn't carrying as many as she has previous litters, so I think that may be it. I have had a good palpation of her tummy and am 80% sure she doesn't have any more. She is very tired and is just sleeping now. So I think I will do the same. Photos soon

Congratulations to all the new puppies lets hope the rest of us can go uneventful.

Willows temp is stable at 38 degrees both morning and night. She is hardly eating and every time she lays down she squirts a small pile of milk. So much weight and he boobies are HUGE eek1.gif. She has gained 11kg so my hope for only 8 has faded I think more like 12 in there.

Can't wait to here from others whats going on as I am sitting here checking and reading wondering when will it be our turn lol. Impatient much???? Not me....

Hope it goes well for you underfoot! I thought my girl would have a few more than 3, as she looked like she was carrying more than that earlier, but toward the end of the pregnancy I looked at her and thought she didn't look so big after all! She has huge, I mean huge mammaries so there is going to be plenty of milk for 3. She has always had lots of milk, so hopefully we don't have any mastitis problems. They are lovely puppies, very strong and healthy. I will probably keep both girls at this stage as it will be last time I breed from both the sire & dam. So hopefully they turn out to be little stunners.

I am so glad that is over though, that was the most stressful whelping I have experienced and there were only 3, whereas I have had much larger litters, but the whelping went so much faster. My girl is sleeping a lot, poor thing!