Already Have Most Of The Things For Your New Puppy?

heroeswit

37 members have voted

1. 1. What amount of things did you need to get for a new dog?

• None (Already had/have everything)
    • Tiny Amount
    • Quite a few things but not everything
    • Everything.
    • Other (please specify)

So I am waiting to find out if I am definitely getting a puppy. I've been making a list of all the things I need to get for the pup and the only things that I don't already have is a crate/bed, collar, & food.

I was just wondering how many people have found that they already have all the things they need or only need to get a couple of things?

How prepared were/are you?

I've known I was getting arty since jurist before he was born, so far I have:

Food bowl

Water bowl

Small bag of dog food for traveling

Large bag of dog food for home

Collar

Lead

Back-up lead

Rope throwing stick

Rope ball

3 tennis balls

Nylabone

Training treats

Training walking bag

Puppy poop bags

Bitter bite repellant

Soft toy raccoon - puppy safe called Ratick :D

Collar pendant - harlequin coloured

Rope rubber teething toy

Electronic wiggle ball

Treat ball

Oatmeal shampoo and conditioner

Slicker brush

Travel water bottle

Bed

I don't have a crate, but I don't plan on using one, i think I'm good with what I've got and he arrives on Thursday! :D

I needed a few things but not a lot;

crate, pen, puppy food, extra food/water bowls, collar, harness, collar tag, pavers for the dog run (which we already had), 11-22kg Interceptor.

Leashes, toys, tugs, blankets/bedding, grooming gear, etc we already had plenty of.

I needed everything for my puppy. I ordered everything online, and have received my final delivery today :thumbsup:

I have 14 sleeps to go and boy am I nesting :rofl:

What you receive from a breeder really depends on the breeder, mumof4girls :)

OK I thought maybe there was standard pack :-) I'll have a chat with mine any excuse to ask about the pups and mum :-)

M4G I got the following:

Puppy Handbook (made by the breeder, covering the breed and puppies etc)

Vaccination Details

Puppy

pedigree Papers (when they come)

That's all, some do less, some do more.

Prop good I have everything I need now :-) well once I put my " second " order in with CR ( shameful :-) )

I thought I would get some food with the puppy so I could ease him into something else but after finding out the cost of what the puppies are currently on I don't blame her for not providing food, and we're to move them onto supercoat which is substantially cheaper. I only wish I was getting copies of his parents health certificates, even if they had COPY stamped all over them they would be helpful in my arty folder for the vet, though I've been assured I won't need them.

We've bought almost everything. I think I spent way too much money this weekend! But in our defense we only found out we were getting him last Tuesday and he arrives this Sunday!

Unfortunately we haven't been able to find a crate in this sleepy little town though so thats going to have to be ordered online.

Our breeder let us know we would be getting a bag of food, but I didnt think to ask what else was going to be in the puppy pack. I guess I'll find out on Sunday. :D

I needed everything for my puppy. I ordered everything online, and have received my final delivery today :thumbsup:

I have 14 sleeps to go and boy am I nesting :rofl:

What you receive from a breeder really depends on the breeder, mumof4girls :)

:laugh: I was the same before I got my Takoda in October.

I went through the nesting stage big time. I wanted everything to be just right when she arrived. :)

In regards to having supplies ready for her arrival, I had most of the basics here already. I just had to buy toys and boy did I buy some :laugh: and some new vetbeds. :)

I'm personally looking forward to the nesting period being over. I look like a nut with all these puppy toys and blankets lying around... without a puppy in sight it does look a little odd. But only 2 days to go, so for now I will enjoy the nesting as it is :) It will end soon and I am sure I will wish I could get some sleep! Early night tonight I think!

@ Esky: Not any more with the government changing the import rules from Sweden I would not get the puppy until it was at least 10 months old. I'm not comfortable with that. So I am hoping for a puppy from Saffioraire Kennel if there is a suitable puppy crossfingers.gif and then I will hopefully be able to import semen from the lines I am after for a litter in the future.